I don’t generally announce new cameras here at the blog – but today there have been strong rumors and leaks going around of two new DSLRs – one a Canon and one a Nikon.
- Canon EOS 40D – 10.1 megapixels, 3.0 inch LCD, 6.5 frames per second shooting, sRAW and lots more – See it at Amazon
- Nikon D3 – details are more sketchy on this one but it’s reportedly got 51 autofocus points, 9 frames per second shooting and a 3.0 inch LCD.
Update: Not only did they publish details of the Canon EOS 40D – but Amazon have also published details of the higher end Canon EOS 1DS Mark III – a 21.1 megapixel DSLR – available in December 2007. Canon must be pretty upset about Amazon letting these details slip in advance of their own announcements. See it at Amazon
Update 2: Well the above two Canon DSLRs are now official. The information was correct.
Canon also announced a few other point and shoot cameras today. As I know many of you are Canon fans I’ll post some links (all are available on Amazon already for Pre-Order):
- Canon Powershot G9 – 12.1MP, 6x zoom – at Amazon
- Canon SX100 IS – 8MP, 10x zoom – at Amazon
- Canon Powershot A720IS – 8MP, 6x zoom – at Amazon
- Canon Powershot A650IS
– 12MP, 6x zoom – at Amazon
- Canon Powershot SD870IS – 8MP, 3.8x zoom – at Amazon
- Canon Powershot SD950IS – 12MP, 3.7x zoom – at Amazon