This morning I spent some time trawling through some of my favourite photography blogs to see what they’ve been posting – the array of great tutorials, videos, hacks and advice I found was amazing! What a great time we live in where we have so many great resources to draw on.
Following is a collection of 27 links and videos from around the web that I enjoyed today. Please share them with your own networks!
- Dirk Dallas Shares his Favorite Phoneography Apps, Tips and More
- Weddings: Poses for the Groom and Groomsmen
- Ian Ruhter – interview with self-taught tintype photographer on the process, stubble and journey behind making the largest wet plate print ever
- Steel Wool Light Painting Explained
- The story behind a wonderful photo of ‘The Archangle Duck’
- Where Do Images Go When You Import Them to Lightroom?
- How to Make a High Key B&W Portrait
- Working a Shot
- The World’s 25 Most Beautiful Travel Photography Destinations
- Not Your Average Prom Portraits
- Image Collection: collection of images that photographer Chip Litherland took of behind the scenes with Miami Heat in their Locker room
- It’s not a Camera… It’s a Visa
- Virtual Lighting Studio – cool new online tool!
- DIY: How to Build a CFL Based Continuous Light Source
- The back story of a NYT front page image taken in the Oval Office
- Expose for the Sky
- How to Create a Ghostly Photo Effect
- LED Lighting for Photography
- DSLR 101: Auto Bracketing
- 4 Tips for Editing Photos in Photoshop
- The Drama of Backlighting
- A Thing or Two about Twins – Photographing Twins
- Three Pro Photographers share their workflows from shutter release to finished images
Plus some cool Photographing Videos:
Behind The Scenes with Surreal Portrait Photographer Rob Woodcox from Mike Wilkinson on Vimeo.
Also check out an interview with this photographer here.
Shoot-Out, GPP 2012 from gulf photo plus on Vimeo.
What’s Hot on dPS
And to finish up – here are the 10 posts from dPS that have had the most interest in the last couple of months.
- Posing Guide: 21 Sample Poses to Get You Started with Photographing Female Subjects
- A 15 Minute Exercise to Help You Improve Your Photography in 2012
- 24 Beautiful Dawn Images
- 33 Inspirational Images that Feature Pattern and Repitition
- Posing Guide: 21 Sample Poses to Get You Started with Photographing Men
- 6 Ways to Add Drama and Mystery to Your Images
- How to Shoot Through a Wire Fence
- 27 Beautiful Black and White Portraits
- 5 Tips to Transform Your Photography With Long Exposures
- 25 Dreamy Images Shot Wide Open
Some Older Comments