In this video by MiketheMathMan, he outlines what he believes to be three lenses that every beginner photographer needs.
3 lenses every beginner photographer needs
In the video he lists the following:
1. Wide-Angle Lens
The “see everything lens” because of their ability to capture a wide field of view. These lenses are handy for shooting landscapes, interiors, cityscapes and anything where you need to capture a wide field of view.
2. Telephoto Zoom
They are great for capturing details from a distance for better detail.
3. Fast Prime Lens
A fast prime lens has a wide aperture. These are great for use in low-light and for creating beautiful bokeh with shallow depth of field. Prime lenses are fixed focal lengths, for example, 35mm, 50mm or 85mm. They are great for portraits/headshots, milky way photography/astophotography.
What lenses would you add to this list? Share with us in the comments below.
You may also find the following helpful
- 3 Lenses Every Photographer Should Own
- Can New Gear Kickstart Your Photography?
- Why Carrying Less Camera Gear Will Make You a Better Photographer
- Essential Portrait Photography Gear You Need When Starting Out
- Wedding Photography Gear You Need When Starting Out
- Why Your Camera Gear Doesn’t Matter