Terry White is an Adobe Photoshop expert and in this video he answers the 10 things that Photoshop (particularly for Photoshop CC) beginners want to know how to do including:
- How to touch up a photo; how to make people look better
- Layers and adjustment layers; what are they and how to use them
- Working with layer masks
- How to crop a photo
- Adjusting the exposure and using the Adobe Camera Raw filter
- Removing something from an image
- Move or copy objects in a photo
- How to put a person from one photo onto a new background (or putting two photos together)
- How to add text
- Saving photos and saving formats that are shareable
It’s a bit of a long one but some really good tips in here that I’m sure you’ll find helpful if you’re new to Photoshop.
He also mentioned grabbing a Wacom tablet to use for your editing instead of a mouse. I use one in Lightroom as well and it is much better and more precise and doesn’t leave you with a cramped hand after working on images for hours.