Today I have great pleasure to announce a brand new dPS eBook that I know is going to help a lot of people improve their portrait photography!
Every time we survey our readers on what type of photography they do most – Portraiture comes in as the #1 response.
So over the last year I’ve been on the look out for a great portrait photographer to write a comprehensive guide to the topic. When I met Aussie celebrity photography Gina Milicia last year I just ‘knew’ she’d be great at it and was so excited when she agreed.
Gina’s new eBook is available today – it is called Portraits: Making the Shot and if you pick it up during its launch we’ll throw in a special bonus eBook with it for free.
What this Portraits: Making the Shot Covers
Gina has broken down her guide to portraiture into 5 great sections:
- The Rules: learn the 10 commandments that Gina uses to guide her photography to consistency (and brilliance)
- The Gear: discover the best portrait gear with some tips on buying great second hand additions to your kit.
- The 3 Amigos: This is where many beginner photographers get themselves into a twist, but it’s a lot simpler than you might think. Learn how aperture, ISO and shutter speed work together.
- The Lights: Step-by-step instructions on using light meters, balancing daylight and flash and creating beautiful skin tone.
- The Moves: Every pose you’ll need and how to create it, as well as tips on finding inspiration, the importance of preparation and insider tricks on directing the shot.
Free Bonus Portrait Recipes eBook
As a companion to Portraits: Making the Shot Gina also put together a 2nd great ‘Recipes’ eBook in which she shows 14 of her favourite portraits and shows you the ingredients she used to take the shots. In each recipe you’ll learn about how Gina set the scene, what gear she used, how she lit the image, what settings she chose and how she posed her subject.
Once you understand how these different ingredients work together, you can begin to create your own signature style of shooting portraits.
This Recipe eBook will normally retail for $9.99 but pick up Portraits: Making the Shot today for $19.99 and we’ll throw it in for free as an early bird bonus (effectively a 33% discount).
Pick Up a Copy Today
As usual Portraits: Making the Shot is covered by a 60 day money back guarantee (if you don’t find it helpful just let us know and we’ll refund your money) so you can have confidence that it and the bonus Recipes eBook will be a worthwhile investment in your photographic learning.
Learn more about the eBook here or pick up a copy by clicking the ‘Download it Now’ button below.