Last night a good online friend of mine – Jonathan Fields shot me a link to a video interview he’d show with sought after commercial photographer Nick Onken.
In this video Nick tells his story of how he became a photographer after starting out as a graphic designer. In the conversation Jonathan and Nick explore how:
- A willingness to be bold and not wait for permission opened doors
- The decision to dive into photography full-time happened as an organic extension of his design work
- A devotion to learning and honing his craft took his work and career to a new level
- Art and money can go together to create work that is well-compensated but is also true art
- Becoming a professional photographer opened doors to travel and profoundly changed Onken’s world-view
- Tapping his gift and his work to give back is an important part of Onken’s life, and
- So much more
This video is part of Jonathan’s GoodLife Project – subscribe to get more videos like this one.