Close
Close
    marcelo_valente is offline dPS Forum Member

Default Project: The A-Z of creative photography

I'm starting this photo project today. It is based on the book The A-Z of Creative Photography by Lee Frost. The book is from 1998 and was given to me by my uncle, who I consider a great photographer, a long time ago back when cameras still used film :-)
    So, now that I have a new camera, a Canon XS, I decided to learn how to take real photographs intead of just pictures and will use this book as a guideline to learn more.
    So, the book has about 50 something chapters, each with a new subject and teaching. And I will use that teaching as a base for photos.
    The first subject is Abstract photography! I didn't have time to go out to take photos so I look around the house for something abstract. Took a few shots that can be seen on my flickr (look for the set) but the one that I chose is this one. The abstract photo should be a photo os something difficult to know what it is, so I don't know if this is really that abstract, but. Please let me know what you think.

Abstract

Camera Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS
    Exposure 0.025 sec (1/40)
    Aperture f/2.2
    Focal Length 50 mm
    ISO Speed 800
    Exposure Bias 0 EV
    Flash Off, Did not fire
    Lens Type Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 MkII
    Canon EOS Rebel XS; Canon 18-200mm, Canon 18-55, Canon 55-250, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 100mm 2.8 macro lenses. 430ex II flash. Canon S100
    flickr

franky is offline dPS Forum Member

As far as I can't really tell what it is, I think yes, this is abstract
    I like the colors and the focus is at the right place!
    I wish you good luck with your project and happy learning!
    Francois
    Nikon D80, Sigma 70-300mm DG Macro, Extension tube
    Picasa album
    Recipe for happiness: find a positive side to everything!

Quote Originally Posted by franky View Post
    As far as I can't really tell what it is, I think yes, this is abstract
    I like the colors and the focus is at the right place!
    I wish you good luck with your project and happy learning!
    Hi Franky, thanks for the encouragement!!
    Canon EOS Rebel XS; Canon 18-200mm, Canon 18-55, Canon 55-250, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 100mm 2.8 macro lenses. 430ex II flash. Canon S100
    flickr

Jill H is offline Stepping into the light

Welcome to Projects. I think you have hit on a great way to learn more. I look forward to viewing your work as you go along. I don't do much abstract stuff myself, but I really like the selective focus and the colours in your shot. As you can see abstract is everywhere! - if you look!
    Stepping into the light - www.lifeimagesbyjill.blogspot.com/ - and - http://picasaweb.google.com/lifeimagesbyjill

Canon G11, Power Shot Pro1 (L series 28-300), Canon EOS 450D (Rebel XSi) (18-55 & 55-250), Canon EOS 330X (film) (28-90 & 90-300)

Hi, for you who've seen the first post of my project. I just created a new one in the forum. Thanks for giving feedbacks on my project :-)
    flickr