chetanvala is offline dPS Forum Member

Default My second attempt HDR

Nikon D7000, 70-300mmED-VR and 18-55mmED-VR lens and Sigma 150-500mm Lens

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30946925@N03

Peapod Photo is offline dPS Forum Member

Woah! For a second attempt, that's amazing!!! =D
    Peapod Photography
    Join my Facebook page!

Canon EOS 5D Mark II | Canon EOS 60D | 24-70 f/2.8 L USM | 100 f/2.8 USM | 430EX II | ...and growing! ...all in a Crumpler 60 million dollar home!

dave.turley is offline dPS Forum Member

Hi,
    Here's the thing. The whole shot is fuzzy. I'm thinking the shots you took are poorly aligned. Movement in the water gives an out of focus feel to it also, and the halo around the horizon is pretty bad. The locaton is superb, and I'm a bit of a hdr nut myself. It's just that a good hdr starts with a very good initial photograph. It might serve you well to re-shoot, maybe in RAW, and use a single shot for your HDR conversion. I feel that this locaton would speak for itself if you perhaps took that RAW, did some levels or curves adjustment, a little sharpening and nose reduction, and posted it where it should be. In the landscapes section of this forum. Here's my usual, favourite tutorial for HDR
    HDR Tutorial | High Dynamic Range Tutorial
    Just re-read my post and it seemed a little damning. I guess the idea I'm trying to convey is to keep trying and experimenting and improving. It's what we all do.
    Regards
    Dave

KJPino is offline I'm new here!

Default I like it!

I think it is great for a second attempt! I guess there the other comment is correct that there is a little blur from shake but given the location I can guess as to why the camera didn't stay perfectly still for the series of shots - but I still love the shot! And it really just speaks to having a good tripod... I am leaning towards wood for shots like this as wood doesn't transmit virbration and shake like aluminum does...

But make no bones about it - great shot for someone just staring out with HDR - especially because the location with the water rumbling had to offer some challenges in keeping the camera perfectly still...

Very nice...

chetanvala is offline dPS Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dave.turley View Post
    Hi,
    Here's the thing. The whole shot is fuzzy. I'm thinking the shots you took are poorly aligned. Movement in the water gives an out of focus feel to it also, and the halo around the horizon is pretty bad. The locaton is superb, and I'm a bit of a hdr nut myself. It's just that a good hdr starts with a very good initial photograph. It might serve you well to re-shoot, maybe in RAW, and use a single shot for your HDR conversion. I feel that this locaton would speak for itself if you perhaps took that RAW, did some levels or curves adjustment, a little sharpening and nose reduction, and posted it where it should be. In the landscapes section of this forum. Here's my usual, favourite tutorial for HDR
    HDR Tutorial | High Dynamic Range Tutorial
    Just re-read my post and it seemed a little damning. I guess the idea I'm trying to convey is to keep trying and experimenting and improving. It's what we all do.
    Regards
    Dave
    HI....Thanks for reply and advice. I follow the instruction you gave me. I tried to shoot it again with more confident and with more seriousness. I learn today something so i am very happy... Thanks again for lovely comments.....
    Nikon D7000, 70-300mmED-VR and 18-55mmED-VR lens and Sigma 150-500mm Lens

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30946925@N03