Close
Close
    riversider is offline dPS Forum Member

Default My prints look blue

Hi, recently my printer has been printing my photos with a blue haze/tinge to them. My photos look good on the monitor but then have this blue tinge. Do i need to calibrate them. Will my prints then look like what is on the screen? Any help would be appreciated.
    David Scott
    Add me to My flickr
    Gear: Nikon D40, Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6

jocelynaz is offline dPS Forum Member

I am no pro when it comes to this stuff, but it is something I've asked here on the board before. It seems to me that you will need to calibrate your monitor and/or your printer. What you see on your monitor will not necessarily come out the same on print, unfortunately! This is where the whole color calibration issue was frustrating for me! I didn't want to spend money on a calibration software, so I calibrated my monitor manually. I still see some slight differences in my printed shots, but the difference is not too great and is at an acceptable level for me.

HTH! I'm sure someone else with greater knowledge and expertise will post and help you out further.
    My Website: www.joscephotography.com
    Nikon D200, 85mm f1.8, 50mm f1.8, 18-55mm, 55-200mm VR, SB-600 Speedlight

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matt 5:16)

Father Bob is offline dPS Forum Member

I had the same issues.

Calibrating the monitor is important. Otherwise you are not accuratly viewing what the computer is creating.

The printing issue was brought under control by fiddling with the CS3 printer dialogue and printer driver settings. Too complex to get into here but experimentation ( and a lot of ink) may get you there. Two good books that I have on the subject are:
    Color Confidence by TIm Gray
    Epson Complete guide to Digital Printing by Roc Sheppard (not just for Epson printers)
    Both excellent books!

Al
    AlBee
    Nikon D80
    Nikkor 18/70 and
    Nikkor 70/300 VR