Close
Close

Thread: Fireworks

drobins is offline I'm new here!

Default Fireworks

Tried something a little different with these fireworks shots. I used a 2-3 second exposure with an ISO of 100. I started the shots out of focus and one the explosion started I would refocus. A lot of these didn't work out as it was tough to get the timing right. This is a selection of some of the ones that turned out. None of these have been touched up or processed these are straight out of the camera.

www.daverobinsdesign.com
    Do or Do Not, There is NO Try - Yoda
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    iPhone, Canon T2i, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 80-200MM

blinkshot is online now dPS Forum Member

I like the blurry effect specially the first shot( if that was your intention) I assume you did not use a tripod?
    Last edited by blinkshot; 12-08-2012 at 06:26 AM.

drobins is offline I'm new here!

I was going for a blurry effect, you start the shot out of focus and then refocus during the 2-3 second exposure. I bring everything to a point if you time it right and the fireworks look like underwater glow in the dark plants. Check out this gallery, Unusual Long Exposure Firework Photographs by David Johnson | Colossal, this was what I was trying to do. A tripod definitely would have made this a little easier, but it wasn't my original plan that night and tried to do it handheld.
    www.daverobinsdesign.com
    Do or Do Not, There is NO Try - Yoda
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    iPhone, Canon T2i, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 80-200MM

daveyjphoto is offline I'm new here!

Quote Originally Posted by drobins View Post
    I was going for a blurry effect, you start the shot out of focus and then refocus during the 2-3 second exposure. I bring everything to a point if you time it right and the fireworks look like underwater glow in the dark plants. Check out this gallery, Unusual Long Exposure Firework Photographs by David Johnson | Colossal, this was what I was trying to do. A tripod definitely would have made this a little easier, but it wasn't my original plan that night and tried to do it handheld.
    Nice work! It's very tough to get the timing right... but looks like you nailed it with the first one.

Cheers!
    David Johnson
    Davey J Photography