Close
Close
    StephenJay is offline dPS Forum Member

Default "Wonder Of The World"

Hi guys, just strolling through the backyard after some rainfall, and decided to share this shot with you. I wonder how many of you know about the healing attributes of this plant- the leaf is what is used - hence the name. Thanks for looking

Wonder Of The World

cheers,
    SJ
    Nikon D90 / 18-105mm VR AFS / Nikon 35mm AF-S 1.8 / Nikon 70-300mm f4-5.6G / Zeikos Macro Filter Set / Light Room / Photoshop Elements

"Take pictures of any and everything, just capture the moment!"

LeeR is offline Professional Wanderer

I see a lot of Kalanchoe at the local botanical garden. I would have recognized it instantly if the leaf had sprouted the little plantlets it is so widely recognized for. I was not aware it had any medicinal purposes, but have learned that has been used in the past to treat hypertension. Thanks for the post and the tantalizing clues.
    Lee R
    http://lucentbydesign.blogspot.com//
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
    -Marcel Proust

Quote Originally Posted by LeeR View Post
    I see a lot of Kalanchoe at the local botanical garden. I would have recognized it instantly if the leaf had sprouted the little plantlets it is so widely recognized for. I was not aware it had any medicinal purposes, but have learned that has been used in the past to treat hypertension. Thanks for the post and the tantalizing clues.
    Thanks for looking, and commenting, Kalanchoe is used to season foods, fruits anything giving it that special flavour. I will have to get a pic or 2 of that one of these days.

Known in Trinidad and Tobago as the wonder of the world, one of the many medicinal properties it contains is the power to strengthen the heart by purifying the blood or to reduce a swelling by using as a poultice over the skin. The scientific name is Bryophyllum pinnatum plant.

Cheers,
    SJ
    Nikon D90 / 18-105mm VR AFS / Nikon 35mm AF-S 1.8 / Nikon 70-300mm f4-5.6G / Zeikos Macro Filter Set / Light Room / Photoshop Elements

lindyannajones is offline dPS +1000 Club

Another use: refreshment for the eyes! Lovely!
    Lindyanna Jones
    www.flickr.com/photos/27932019@N07
    "If we're not supposed to dance, why all this music?" Gregory Orr

Quote Originally Posted by lindyannajones View Post
    Another use: refreshment for the eyes! Lovely!
    aha, another one, thanks for the input Lindyann and glad you like it. I wonder how many different ways you can use this plant? It is simply amazing. If you take the leaf and put it inside of a book, the leaf starts to grow roots! Its like the plant must survive regardless.