Close
Close

Thread: The Shard

AndrewMcG is offline I'm new here!

Default The Shard

Hi all

Next Saturday I will be attending a pre-opening of The Shard, Europe's tallest building in London UK. They say that you can view 40 miles from the 72 floor. My ticket is for 4:30pm which is around sunset time.

My question is, can you provide the best possible advice for taking photos through glass at night?

I have a Cannon 40D with a E17-85mm lens

Many thanks
    Andrew

klickzbysri is offline It's Sri

You are asking the question in wrong forum. You will get more answers if you try to ask in appropriate forum. Go to the main forum page to see all the forums. Forums.
    <3 Sri
    Nikon D80, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm, 70-300mm, SB700, SB600, Sigma EF 530-DG Super
    Do visit my new website: www.klickzbysri.com
    KlickzBySri @ Flickr and Appreciate if you give me a LIKE on Facebook
    You cherish a place only when you are there, but photographs are cherished life long.

F8 accompli is offline dPS Forum Member

If you are allowed to touch the glass, you could use a lens hood and place the camera in direct contact with the window. This way you meter for the light outside, cut out reflections, and don't have trouble with focussing through the glass. The lens hood shouldn't be the petal type, though, as this will allow the ambient light of the room through.

Nicole is offline Dr. Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by klickzbysri View Post
    You are asking the question in wrong forum. You will get more answers if you try to ask in appropriate forum. Go to the main forum page to see all the forums. Forums.
    Moved it to the right forum
    Nikon D600 | D90 | Sony NEX-3
    Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikkor 70-300 | Lensbaby 2.0 | Nikkor 85 f/1.8D | Nikkor 105 f/2.8 VR | Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 | Nikkor 10.5 f/2.8 Fisheye | Sony 16 f/2.8 | Sony 18-55 | 2xSB600 | Orbis Ring Flash Adapter
    My Flickr