Close
Close

Thread: Center diamond

Tanya Kurnik is offline Eat Drink & be Merry

Default Center diamond

This is a practice shot of my rings sitting on an orchid. I took this with a Canon 5D Mark ii with a 100mm lens set to manual. I did not use a tripod because im practicing hand held technique. I used natural light and used an action in photoshop CS5. My main focus was the center diamond. This was my 3rd shot ever using the 100mm. I thought I did pretty good. Your thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

OsmosisStudios is offline Don't Panic

The focus is just off; its on the prongs, not the diamond itself. There's also a lot of chromatic abberations; those should be an easy fix if you shot RAW. It's a great start, thats for sure, especially seeing as it's only the 3rd shot on that lens.

As a sidenote: im not a huge fan of the action that you've used; it's too dark for my liking, but it depends entirely on what you were looking for.
    I am responsible for what I say; not what you understand.
    adammontpetit.com
    Gear List
    500PX | Graphic Design

I see what you mean. I never shot in RAW but im going to take your advice and try this again without photoshop. Yes it was my 3rd shot with the 100mm. Im in love with it. Im trying to decide what I want to buy next. I want to try fisheye.

Quote Originally Posted by OsmosisStudios View Post
    The focus is just off; its on the prongs, not the diamond itself. There's also a lot of chromatic abberations; those should be an easy fix if you shot RAW. It's a great start, thats for sure, especially seeing as it's only the 3rd shot on that lens.

As a sidenote: im not a huge fan of the action that you've used; it's too dark for my liking, but it depends entirely on what you were looking for.
    Here is one I just took in RAW. I never used it before so keep that in mind. I didnt know what to save it in so I saved it in PNG. Is that ok? I used only natural light and the crop tool in photoshop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

OsmosisStudios is offline Don't Panic

You can export from your raw converter in JPG; thats likely your best bet for general stuff.

Your new shot is quite nice, and focus seems to be better for sure. You can always play with the editing side of things too; RAW works really well for it.
    I am responsible for what I say; not what you understand.
    adammontpetit.com
    Gear List
    500PX | Graphic Design