Announcement

Collapse

Please submit your assignment suggestions!

Hi! Please visit THIS THREAD and submit your dPS Assignment suggestions! We'll be starting assignments again in two weeks time - hope to see you all participating.

Thanks!
See more
See less

Hdr hdr hdr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hdr hdr hdr

Hey all,

I have many HDR shots i want to share here, but most of them are longer than the "800" pixel on the longest side, and resizing them will make it painful, so should i just show these with "800" pixels?

do you have a flickr account? Most of the members use flickr and use their "all sizes" tab to post the medium size images here without actually having to resize their photos.
    Canon Rebel XTi/400D ,18-55mm, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX APO DG Macro,
    Canon EF 28-135 IS USM
    flickr
    "Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." - Ansel Adams

Comment

It is unlikely he has a Flickr account - it is unfortunately blocked here; due to 'inapporiate content'.

However an alternative for Flickr is DeviantArt, which allows you to resize the pictures like Flickr
      Carolyn
      flickr
      Gear: Nikon D40, 18-55mm, 70-300mm G, 50mm 1.8D and 60mm Macro

Comment

Or...you could just post a link to where the image is hosted, so that we can see them in all their full-size glory, without taking up bandwidth on the forum, or destroying those folks that are still on dial-up...
        InterruptedThoughtProcess.com
        Mother Nature is the artist. I just capture the memories...

Comment

Resize and post one or two (or pick from your smaller ones) and give a link for those who want to see more.

Thanks,

Wulf
          Wulf Forrester-Barker << Sites: blog / flickr >>
          Gear: Nikon D40, Nikon AFS 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6G, Nikon Series E 50mm f/1.8, Nikon AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6G, Vivitar 90mm f/2.5 macro, Raynox DCR-250, Lensbaby 2.0k, SB600

Comment

I see, i will work on that then

Originally posted by EasternSierra View Post
            Or...you could just post a link to where the image is hosted, so that we can see them in all their full-size glory, without taking up bandwidth on the forum, or destroying those folks that are still on dial-up...
            I like this idea, it is much easier to post a link and then it is up to others to open the link for larger size [not full size], but then this thread will be just mostly full of links and few of shots resized and maybe many are not interested to click on many links anyway.

Comment

OK, as long the maximum size is "800" pixel on the longest side then i will post some of 800 pixels, and later i will try to resize some or post 800 or smaller.

Here are few shots:

Comment

Some of these are really awesome!

Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulpa View Post
                  Some of these are really awesome!

Well done.
                  Thank you!

Comment

Wow! Those just blew my mind. Great shots.

I especially like the foreground subjects in the first two.

I'm inspired now....

Comment

you can also use zooomr. That is what I use. Free upload, infinate uploads. You click on the magnifying glass above the pic and it shows all the sizes then you pick the right size.
                      New Toy as of Christmas 2008. Nikon D40 with kit lens. AF-S DX zoom 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G EDII
                      another new addition: Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6 IF-ED AF-S DX VR zoom
                      I used to use a Kodak Z650 as well
                      my photography blog

Comment

Please take a few minutes to check the rules, either in the FAQ or in the sticky thread at the top of this forum. There's a size limit and we also ask for no more than four shots a day in this section. You don't have to post everything you've ever photographed all in one day!

Wulf
                        Wulf Forrester-Barker << Sites: blog / flickr >>
                        Gear: Nikon D40, Nikon AFS 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6G, Nikon Series E 50mm f/1.8, Nikon AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6G, Vivitar 90mm f/2.5 macro, Raynox DCR-250, Lensbaby 2.0k, SB600

Comment

I am very sorry for that, i didn't know that it is allowed for 4 photos per day, i thought it is 4 photos per post not per day, anyway, i just know that from you, i apologize.

I will keep in mind the number of shots to post and the size, thanks for the reminding!

Comment

WOW was well worth coming back to this thread Awesome captures !! I love the waterfall with the fern in the foreground ! is the B&W converted after HDR ? anyways all of them are amazing well done and thank you for sharing
                            Camera Canon A560. Nikon D300 with Tamron 17-50, 70-300VC Nikkor 50mm Prime Lens and Polarising Filter and a book on what the buttons do......

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by FoG View Post
                              WOW was well worth coming back to this thread Awesome captures !! I love the waterfall with the fern in the foreground ! is the B&W converted after HDR ? anyways all of them are amazing well done and thank you for sharing
                              Thank you very much to stop by here!
                              Yes, i converted to B&W after HDR

Comment

Working...
                              X