Preston Marina at night.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dave It's Australia Day Down under.
    I just come home from a couple of hours by the broadwater and I am greeted by some of your great work now I will have to go back at night.
    Great stuff mate The first is my pick.
    Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by SoxAddict View Post
      Totally glorious shots Dave - unbelievable thinking these are your first night shots.
      Awww thank you Nicky you commented in three places now. I really appreiate that. You are the best. Thank you again. A special hehe!! just for you..hugs

Originally posted by tycooder View Post
      Great series Dave some 1st try bud these are wonderful I especially like the first one... the way you captured the blue in the water and the sky and the way the lights on the left just smoothly Keyboard your eye to the diminishing horizon...Nice work bud
      Thank you so much Brendan. It really was a first try but it was so much fun getting it right. Cheers budddy.

Originally posted by billmac57 View Post
      All look really good to me but I would also favour the second one with those teriffic reflections of the yachts.
      Thanks Bill the second one was a challenge and I was pleased with the result.

Originally posted by tamcry View Post
      Love the colors. Grat shots. I have not done any night shots yet. The temps are a bit cold here in Ontario. Have to wait for the temperature to go up a bit.
      Thank you tamcry. Can't wait to see yours when your temps go up.

Originally posted by jennie View Post
      Your first attempt Dave? Really? Gosh! These are so beautiful! Wonderfully exposed and the reflections on that still water is really amazing..love the second one with the boat..
      Awww thank you so much Jennie. You say the nicest things. Thank you so much.

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      Welcome to night photography, if this is your first attempt I can't wait to see what you're posting in a few months.
      I've spent many hours in in the dark on the beach practicing these shots. I think I should drive the 40 odd miles and try it in the relative confort of your marina.
      Excellent work Dave, you must be pleased with the results and I agree that the second is the pick of the crop.

Steve
      Thank you so much Steve. You would be very welcome, if we go back and get the daytime shots. They do a great bacon butty at the side of the Marina. Cheers buddy.

Originally posted by pjflan7 View Post
      wow, these are gorgeous...that dark blue playing off those orange lights and those lights dotting the landscape leading you through the shots...the lighting on the boats is spot on...I hope to see more
      Thank you so much Patrick. Your comments are so encouraging. Cheers buddy

Dave.
      It's nice to be nice, and it's freeeee
      Feel Free to visit My flickr

Comment

Dave ,

These are all spectacular ! The second one is my favorite
        Awesome work !!!
        TFS,
        -John
        Canon Rebel XS
        Tamron AF28-80 F3.5-5.6 --- Tamron AF70-300 F4-5.6--
        Slik 700DX Tripod---Canon 50mm 1.8---Sigma 50mm 2.8 Macro

http://www.flickr.com/photos/p40man/

Comment

Dave.....these are soooo good. I think I like the first one the best. the dark blue water against the golden glow of the lights is delightful and I like the long, far away vanishing point. Excellent!
          MIKE

Comment

These definitely have the WOW factor. I love the blue in the first one and the reflection on the water in the third one.

Comment

Dave, these are really beautiful my friend. I like all three of them alot. TFS!!
              Fred Flyfisher
              ICorinthians 10:31
              Pentax K100D
              My Picasa / My Snapixel /My flickr / My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Venomiss View Post
                Gorgeous! I also prefer the second one. How did you get it to not have the bounce of the boats in the water, or was the water just that glassy and they weren't moving?
                Thank yiou so much for you kind comment Venomiss, it was pretty calm, I had been waiting for just the right conditions. I'm glad you like them.

Originally posted by Mpow View Post
                Very, very nice. If these are your first attempt, I'm really looking forward to what you can do with some practice!
                Thank you so much Mary Anne. I cant wait to try again. So glad you liked them.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by imik View Post
                  Hi Dave it's been a while and all i can say is WOW these shots look amazing!! i can't believe this was your FIRST attempt at night time photography! i hope my first attempt looks this good Hope you're well, Kimi
                  Hi there Kimi. Awww thank you for you lovely comment. Yes, I'm doing fine now, I hope you are too and the business is booming. Take care my friend. I'm glad you like my pictures.

Dave.

Comment

Really, really well done Dave, you're a natural at night! Thank you for sharing your first attempt, it's a beautiful spot!! (Keep sharing!)

The irises have it.
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pix_el8/

Comment

Very nice work bud! That second one is a wall hanger if I ever saw one.

Beginner's Luck!!??

Just kidding! Keep up the good work.
                      MY GEAR

Flickriver

I turned out to be the only hell my Momma ever raised.

Comment

Originally posted by xoxoMissAshlee View Post
                        Wow, Dave. The reflections in those shots are amazing!
                        Great job!
                        Originally posted by bascott View Post
                        As I said my friend, these are beautiful! The exposure, composition, reflections, just perfect, I love them all!!
                        Originally posted by jakethepig View Post
                        Thank you so much Chalkie. I'm glad you like them.

Dave.
                        Originally posted by jakethepig View Post
                        Aww thank you so much Leona. Your comments are always so kind and encouraging. Yep I know that song..I had a lot of luck with the settings.

love and hugs back.
                        David DH xx
                        Originally posted by sebthedog1 View Post
                        Dave - Is this Preston, Lancashire? WOW - It looks so glam - fabulous shots. You learn something new every day, I live about thirty miles away and never knew Preston had a marina. These shots should be used to advertise it, and I agree with you, the second one is the best.
                        Originally posted by dvetter View Post
                        Hi Dave, I agree the 2nd one is my fave too, mainly because of the sailboats and their reflections in the water. All and all good shots!
                        Originally posted by Photome88 View Post
                        Amazing shots. Very nice sets, likes them all
                        Originally posted by Tenzin'sMom View Post
                        Dave, I peeked at these on your Flickr! Very nice set, and I really love that second one a lot. You've gotten some great linear perspective in the lights and reflections, and the boats with their reflections add so much interest. So well done -- thanks for sharing your artistry with us.
                        Originally posted by leviathan View Post
                        Beautiful night photography. Love the rows of lights. TFS.
                        Originally posted by SandeeWig View Post
                        WOW Dave!!!

First and foremost, HELLO!! It's been a while, and I hope you are doing well and fully recovered.

If these images are any reflection of how you are doing, it is obvious you have made a full recovery and are quite possibly a few years younger!! Really really beautiful work my friend. I cannot choose a favorite, truly, though that first one captures my attention because of the beautiful blue sky and the contrasting orange lights. Just lovely!!!
                        Originally posted by windrider86 View Post
                        It's a good thing no one is in here with me cause I am sitting here saying "wow" over and over
                        Originally posted by muralikrishna View Post
                        So beautiful and wonderful ... i have no words .... you are simply the best and you give the best David
                        Originally posted by VegasMike View Post
                        There must be an echo in my laptop cause I keep seeing is "WOW!" And I keep saying it, also! What a great set, Dave! I love the second shot with the boats in it. TFS.

Mike
                        Originally posted by vimalkv View Post
                        Excellent shots Dave...Love them all...Beautiful composition esp. the first one...TFS...
                        Originally posted by Edwin038 View Post
                        Great photo's Dave, you did an excellent job.
                        Originally posted by idb View Post
                        Wow, Those are great - we can hardly wait for your next "first attempt". TFS.
                        Originally posted by sherell05 View Post
                        wow , that is so amazing, i hope one day ill take good picture like that. i really need to join this flixr.
                        Originally posted by dan.will60 View Post
                        Hi Dave It's Australia Day Down under.
                        I just come home from a couple of hours by the broadwater and I am greeted by some of your great work now I will have to go back at night.
                        Great stuff mate The first is my pick.
                        Thanks for sharing.
                        Originally posted by jofrost View Post
                        Dave ,

These are all spectacular ! The second one is my favorite
                        Awesome work !!!
                        TFS,
                        -John
                        Originally posted by fstopMike View Post
                        Dave.....these are soooo good. I think I like the first one the best. the dark blue water against the golden glow of the lights is delightful and I like the long, far away vanishing point. Excellent!
                        Originally posted by Jadara View Post
                        These definitely have the WOW factor. I love the blue in the first one and the reflection on the water in the third one.
                        Originally posted by Fred flyfisher View Post
                        Dave, these are really beautiful my friend. I like all three of them alot. TFS!!
                        Originally posted by pix_e_l8 View Post
                        Really, really well done Dave, you're a natural at night! Thank you for sharing your first attempt, it's a beautiful spot!! (Keep sharing!)
                        Originally posted by Digidave View Post
                        Very nice work bud! That second one is a wall hanger if I ever saw one.

Beginner's Luck!!??

Just kidding! Keep up the good work.
                        Thank you everyone.

Dave.

Comment

All wonderfully composed and captured.

Comment

Originally posted by failte View Post
                            All wonderfully composed and captured.
                            Thank you so much Carol. xx

Dave

Comment

Wow....... these are amazing I also agree with the second one as my favorite, great photog work, keep it up!
                              Sony A-330 10.2MP
                              Sony A-550 14.2MP
                              Sony 18-55mm kit
                              Sony 50mm f/1.8
                              Minolta AF 70-210mm

Comment

wow these are all stunning - great work - I love them all. You have captured the lighting really well. Great to see these shots.
                                Stepping into the light - www.lifeimagesbyjill.blogspot.com/ - and - http://picasaweb.google.com/lifeimagesbyjill

Canon G11, Power Shot Pro1 (L series 28-300), Canon EOS 450D (Rebel XSi) (18-55 & 55-250), Canon EOS 330X (film) (28-90 & 90-300)

Comment

Working...
                                X