Preston Marina at night.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chalkie7 View Post
    Great shots David...I'm definitely drawn to the first shot myself.
    Thank you so much Chalkie. I'm glad you like them.

Dave.
    It's nice to be nice, and it's freeeee
    Feel Free to visit My flickr

Comment

Originally posted by leonaashlee View Post
      David DH, you will know what I think of these....AMAZING...you are simply the best...and yes I know that's from a song....but I mean it.
      You have outdone yourself David my friend.
      I love you..
      Hugs XXX
      LML
      Aww thank you so much Leona. Your comments are always so kind and encouraging. Yep I know that song..I had a lot of luck with the settings.

love and hugs back.
      David DH xx
      It's nice to be nice, and it's freeeee
      Feel Free to visit My flickr

Comment

Dave - Is this Preston, Lancashire? WOW - It looks so glam - fabulous shots. You learn something new every day, I live about thirty miles away and never knew Preston had a marina. These shots should be used to advertise it, and I agree with you, the second one is the best.

Comment

Hi Dave, I agree the 2nd one is my fave too, mainly because of the sailboats and their reflections in the water. All and all good shots!
          I've learned to put ego aside and understand your only as good as your last shot. Maynard Switzer

EOS Canon Rebel XS EF-S 18-55mm 1:3 5-5 6 IS | EF 75-300mm F4-5.6 | EF 50mm f/1.8 II
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/34586068@N03/

Comment

Amazing shots. Very nice sets, likes them all

Comment

Dave, I peeked at these on your Flickr! Very nice set, and I really love that second one a lot. You've gotten some great linear perspective in the lights and reflections, and the boats with their reflections add so much interest. So well done -- thanks for sharing your artistry with us.
              Helen (aka Tenzin's Mom)
              Tenzin Tobias: the world's sweetest Tibetan Terrier

Canon Rebel XSi and a few lenses: 18-135mm | 50mm | 70-300mm | 100mm Macro
              I'd love to have you visit my Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/photosbyhelen/

Comment

Beautiful night photography. Love the rows of lights. TFS.
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctorleviathan/

Comment

WOW Dave!!!

First and foremost, HELLO!! It's been a while, and I hope you are doing well and fully recovered.

If these images are any reflection of how you are doing, it is obvious you have made a full recovery and are quite possibly a few years younger!! Really really beautiful work my friend. I cannot choose a favorite, truly, though that first one captures my attention because of the beautiful blue sky and the contrasting orange lights. Just lovely!!!
                  Aimee
                  Canon XSi, 18-55mm IS, Tamron 70-300, and Canon 50mm 1.8 II; Canon PowerShot S3 IS
                  My Flickr
                  My Blog
                  Like Me?

Comment

It's a good thing no one is in here with me cause I am sitting here saying "wow" over and over
                    sigpic

www.alockintime.com

Facebook

Comment

So beautiful and wonderful ... i have no words .... you are simply the best and you give the best David
                      Nikon - NIKON D90 + Kit lense , Nikkor 55 MM AFD Micro Lens , Nikkor 55-300 MM
                      " When you photograph people in color you photograph their clothes ,but when you photograph people in B&W you photograph their souls ! "
                      My flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/iamnikon

Comment

There must be an echo in my laptop cause I keep seeing is "WOW!" And I keep saying it, also! What a great set, Dave! I love the second shot with the boats in it. TFS.

Mike
                        My camera, some lenses, and other stuff

Flickr

Comment

Excellent shots Dave...Love them all...Beautiful composition esp. the first one...TFS...
                          Vimalkv
                          Olympus e420, 14-42, 40-150, Canon Powershot SX 10IS

Comment

Great photo's Dave, you did an excellent job.
                            Canon EOS 7D ~ EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM ~ EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM ~ EF50mm f/1.4 USM
                            My Flickr Photostream, Visit my new website: www.vannuil.com

Comment

Wow, Those are great - we can hardly wait for your next "first attempt". TFS.
                              idb
                              Pentax K200D with D-BG3 grip, FA 50/1.4, DA Limited 35/2.8 macro, DA 10-17/3.5-4.5 FISH-EYE, FAJ 18-35/4-5.6, DA 17-70/4, DA 50-200/4-5.6, Sigma 30/1.4, Tamron 90/2.8 macro, Sigma 70-300/4-5.6, Sony DSC-H1 P&S plus a lot of
                              35mm Minolta gear

Comment

wow , that is so amazing, i hope one day ill take good picture like that. i really need to join this flixr.
                                nikon d50, 18-55mm, that it for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X