Senior Photos-Tennis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Photos-Tennis

Hey all, I did a session that was a little different for me yesterday, trying to build up my portfolio in the senior area. I will be working with this girl in a couple of areas. In a few weeks when it really greens up, we're going to do photos of her horseback riding, but yesterday, we did tennis photos of her. I was feeling very out of my element at first. I am a little rusty on the outdoor/natural light thing. But I am really happy with some of the results.
    Here are a few of my favorites. More are on flickr. CC is always welcome. Thanks for looking.

april-094

april-043

april-023

april-015
    Flickr Web Facebook Blog

I like the second and last one best, but they are all good.
    FLICKR

FACEBOOK

Comment

Originally posted by Ambrosia76 View Post
      I like the second and last one best, but they are all good.
      Thank you! In #2, she was smiling so naturally because her dad was out of the frame running around chasing her tennis balls around.
      Flickr Web Facebook Blog

Comment

I think some more serious ones would have added a little to the shoot. Always smiling is just as bad as never smiling.
        Photos From Dad

Comment

2nd to last shot (through the net) is my favorite! Love the out-of-focus net and her expression. Great image.

Try shooting with a telephoto at the long end of the zoom range and a wide aperture. This may require you backing off a little, but it'll throw the background out of focus a bit more. This is an easy and quick way to add some visual interest & depth to shots like the second and last photos!
          www.frankwangphotography.com
          www.framephotographics.com

Comment

Working...
          X