Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sculpture at sunset

images by Kathleen Colbourn: miscellaneous &emdash;
    Last edited by kacolb; 01-22-2013, 02:08 AM.

I may be a bit dense here but I don't quite get the concept you're going for - I see what may be a sunset at the upper right of the main object but don't understand what the brighter area on the left is supposed to be.
    Phil Bunker
    Sites: flickr
    Gear: Pentax K110D; Pentax 18-55 f/3.5-5.6; Pentax 50-200 f/4-5.6; Pentax 55mm f/1.8; Tamron Macro 90mm f/2.8; Manfrotto tripod and ball head; Adobe Photoshop Elements 10

Comment

Nothing there to view?
      Nikon D-300, Nikkor 50mm & 35mm f1.8, Nikkor 18-70mm, Nikkor 70-300mm VR, AF Nikkor 60mm 1:2.8, SB-800 Speedlight, Fong Lightsphere, Lally Cap, Polaris Flash Meter,(2) Nissin Di866 Speedlights

Comment

It's a sculpture with a globe surrounded by a cylinder (I think). Photographed at sunset. I like the abstract treatment and the flash of light at the upper right. The light at the lower left is a bit distracting, but without it I would not have guessed what this was (if I guessed correctly, I mean). A bit of fill light in the foreground would have helped.

I have seen the other photos on your site, and to me they are good and an interesting take on common objects.
        Zafar
        Nikon D300s, Nikkor 50mm F1.4G, Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 VC, Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8, Tamron SP 70-200mm F2.8 VC, Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6, Nikon SB 900
        Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/zafarsami/

Comment

Originally posted by BPhil8835 View Post
          I may be a bit dense here but I don't quite get the concept you're going for - I see what may be a sunset at the upper right of the main object but don't understand what the brighter area on the left is supposed to be.
          It's a study in shapes and light, and it's beautiful!
          Alphasco: Nikon D60, Nikon D5100, 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 35mm f/1.8, 8mm and 5.6mm lenses, DuraTran 818 Tripod and three others, Manfrotto monopod and head, SB-900 and SB-R200 Wireless Remote Speedlight flashes, filters, closeup and 0.45x wide-field screw-on auxiliary lenses, PS Elements 10 and PS CS6
          flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alphasco View Post
            It's a study in shapes and light, and it's beautiful!
            Works for me nice work.

All the best
            John Hendry Photo

John Hendry Photo

Comment

I see it now. I like it.
              Nikon D-300, Nikkor 50mm & 35mm f1.8, Nikkor 18-70mm, Nikkor 70-300mm VR, AF Nikkor 60mm 1:2.8, SB-800 Speedlight, Fong Lightsphere, Lally Cap, Polaris Flash Meter,(2) Nissin Di866 Speedlights

Comment

Thank you all for taking time to view and for also veiwing my website.

Comment

Working...
                X