• Show
Clear All

• Aviary Portrait....

019-1

One Of My Daughter's Young Budgies

Thank you for viewing.
    Canon EOS 450D,Canon PowerShot S5 IS, CanonPowershot A470,
    Pauline
    "The camera opened my soul to see all of the beauty our Creator has given this world to behold. ~ "
    For viewing in larger size, please go to: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pndbethell

Great colours - how did you get it to stay still long enough?
    Canon 7D, 500D, 18-55 & 55-250 , 70-300L , 100-400L, Canon SX10 IS, Sigma 24-70, Sigma 10-20
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/minicountryman/
    http:/www.500px.com/minicooperd

Comment

Originally posted by Minicooper View Post
      Yeah no kidding!....LOL...i get to close to the cage and mine has a fit!..hahah

Very pretty colors tho!!!!

Comment

calm birds

Birds are very difficult to photograph. We often have 'safari' type holidays and I love the challenge of phtographing birds out in the wild.
        Even caged birds aren't that easy so I can truly appreciate your budgie photo!

Comment

Originally posted by Minicooper View Post
          Thank you Paul. Aha! I am very fortunate that they are my Daughter's special pets and they are just sooo tame.

Originally posted by Gallamist View Post
          Yeah no kidding!....LOL...i get to close to the cage and mine has a fit!..hahah

Very pretty colors tho!!!!
          Thank you Gallamist. The Budgies are really tame, but her Zebra Finches, no way, they weren't having a bar of this photography stuff.

Originally posted by jennifer sterne View Post
          Birds are very difficult to photograph. We often have 'safari' type holidays and I love the challenge of phtographing birds out in the wild.
          Even caged birds aren't that easy so I can truly appreciate your budgie photo!
          Thank you Jennifer and welcome to the DPS Family. You're going to have a lot of fun here, and if you are anything like me, learn a lot from the lovely friendly folk here as well. I am still learning after 2,000 or so entries.
          Pauline
          "The camera opened my soul to see all of the beauty our Creator has given this world to behold. ~ "
          For viewing in larger size, please go to: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pndbethell

Comment

Nice shot,Pauline. Like the colors on this one. We started out with a pair of budgies many years ago,then to a cockatiel,then to a sulphur-crested cockatoo(my baby),and now we are the parents(?) of a Congo African Gray parrot. So we've seen quite a variety of colors. Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed week,my dear friends.
            ~Whitewolf
            Canon Powershot A590 IS, Canon Powershot SX30IS,Canon EOS Rebel T3i

Comment

Really cool shot

Ive tried birds in cages a bit but I always get the wires in the way

TFS
              Canon SX10IS, Canon A590IS

Comment

Cute shot! Man how I miss my budgies sometimes! I had 7 of them in a big aviary. They are SO much fun to watch!

One thing to maybe look into though, the budgie's cere doesn't look as it should. It appears this bird may have mites. If so, it's a quick fix!
                www.katiagphoto.com/
                Katia G Photo on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by ibwwolf View Post
                  Nice shot,Pauline. Like the colors on this one. We started out with a pair of budgies many years ago,then to a cockatiel,then to a sulphur-crested cockatoo(my baby),and now we are the parents(?) of a Congo African Gray parrot. So we've seen quite a variety of colors. Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed week,my dear friends.
                  Thank you Whitewolf. Elaine has just been given an aviary with many birds, mostly juveniles, along with another smaller aviary of finches. A few more photo shots coming up for her Mumma.
                  God Bless my friend.

Originally posted by northilandkokako View Post
                  Really cool shot

Ive tried birds in cages a bit but I always get the wires in the way

TFS
                  Thank you northilandkokako. If it's any help in getting cage shots, get right up close to the wire, zoom in, and the cage almost disappears. If you are taking wild animals, get up as close as you safely can with a zoom lens and the results are usually pretty good. I have learned with lots of trial and error, but I'm still learning.
                  This one was taken with:- F6.3
                  Exp. 1/80
                  ISO 100
                  No flash

Originally posted by katia View Post
                  Cute shot! Man how I miss my budgies sometimes! I had 7 of them in a big aviary. They are SO much fun to watch!

One thing to maybe look into though, the budgie's cere doesn't look as it should. It appears this bird may have mites. If so, it's a quick fix!
                  Thank you Katia for your comment and also the advice. I put it down to being juvenile birds and the feathers not having formed properly yet, but you could be right. I will pass that thought on to my Daughter. She has only just been given these birds, so is very much in the learning phase.
                  Pauline

Comment

Working...
                  X