Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar I

Hey all!

I got an extra receiver in last week as well as a hotshoe adapter to use with my Nikon SB-600, so now I can use that and my Vivitar 285HV together wirelessly. Decided to test out the 'ebay triggers' and this was my result!

Guitar I

Nikon D50, 50mm f/1.8 @ f/8, 1/100s, ISO 200
    285HV camera left, 1/4 power, bounced off ceiling.
    SB-600 behind guitar, 1/64 power, faced at the back of the guitar at an angle

Any ideas on how I could avoid getting the shadow above the guitar?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattclaghorn/

Aim a flash and umbrella at the guitar instead of boucing it off the celing, should fill in the shadow
    Nikon D200, Nikon F80
    Oly OM1N, 28mm F2.8, 50mm F1.8, 300mm F5.6
    www.facebook.com/909photography

Comment

Originally posted by mcaudron View Post
      Aim a flash and umbrella at the guitar instead of boucing it off the celing, should fill in the shadow
      Ok, thanks! Do you mean to use the umbrella to bounce, or to shoot through the umbrella? I don't have any umbrellas yet, but I plan to get some at some point. What size would you recommended to get some nice, soft light, and or to help fill in shadows like in this case?

Comment

I have two umbrellas, ones a 46 and the others a 48

either works, they make umbrellas that are convertable now, thats what i have. Just peel the black back off and its a shoot through, its more personal preferance.
        Nikon D200, Nikon F80
        Oly OM1N, 28mm F2.8, 50mm F1.8, 300mm F5.6
        www.facebook.com/909photography

Comment

Very Nice, I like the back lighting, perhaps a little too bright, but you are on to something here.
          Thanks for sharing this
          Michael
          “Moses today”
          “I will now take my Canon and turn aside and capture this great sight, why the bush does not burn. Exodus 3-3 (paraphrased)
          Please visit: My Flkr

Comment

Originally posted by mcaudron View Post
            I have two umbrellas, ones a 46 and the others a 48

either works, they make umbrellas that are convertable now, thats what i have. Just peel the black back off and its a shoot through, its more personal preferance.
            Alrighty, thanks! The convertable ones sure do sound handy, so I'll have to grab a couple of those.

Originally posted by Chewys Dad View Post
            Very Nice, I like the back lighting, perhaps a little too bright, but you are on to something here.
            Thanks for sharing this
            Michael
            Thanks! Yeah, I had my SB600 as low as it could go light-wise, haha. =)
            Last edited by Claggy; 04-20-2010, 03:48 PM. Reason: correcting typo

Comment

Working...
            X