January afternoon by the CT river

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January afternoon by the CT river

It's grey, drizzly and foggy here today - a good day for river views. Here's what I found. Thanks for looking and comments are always welcome. Have a great week!

Near CT River in Glastonbury, 01-12-12

A river code?

Not today, thank you.

Phil Bunker
    Sites: flickr
    Gear: Pentax K110D; Pentax 18-55 f/3.5-5.6; Pentax 50-200 f/4-5.6; Pentax 55mm f/1.8; Tamron Macro 90mm f/2.8; Manfrotto tripod and ball head; Adobe Photoshop Elements 10

Very nice set - who says that the sun is necessary! So tranquil and quiet. thanks for sharing.
    Canon 7D, 500D, 18-55 & 55-250 , 70-300L , 100-400L, Canon SX10 IS, Sigma 24-70, Sigma 10-20
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/minicountryman/
    http:/www.500px.com/minicooperd

Comment

Great set. I like the 1st and 3rd the best. It motivates me not to blame dull light, and get out there and shoot.
      Zafar
      Nikon D300s, Nikkor 50mm F1.4G, Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 VC, Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8, Tamron SP 70-200mm F2.8 VC, Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6, Nikon SB 900
      Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/zafarsami/

Comment

Originally posted by Minicooper View Post
        Very nice set - who says that the sun is necessary! So tranquil and quiet. thanks for sharing.
        Originally posted by ZafarSami View Post
        Great set. I like the 1st and 3rd the best. It motivates me not to blame dull light, and get out there and shoot.
        Thanks so much for looking and commenting.
        Phil Bunker
        Gear: Pentax K110D; Pentax 18-55 f/3.5-5.6; Pentax 50-200 f/4-5.6; Pentax 55mm f/1.8; Tamron Macro 90mm f/2.8; Manfrotto tripod and ball head; Adobe Photoshop Elements 10

Comment

Phil you just proved that there is no such thing as "nothing to shoot". You did a great job using the greyness and the fog to create atmosphere and contrast. No.2 is stunning, and it is a great set overall. TFS!
          Nikon D3000, Nikkor 18-55 mm, Nikkor 55-200, Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8 and f/1.4, Sigma 18-200, Nikon 24-70 mm f/2.8, Tokina 11-16 mm f/2.8, some ideas and imagination...
          learning from and experimenting with 500px
          randomly uploading all kinds of work to flickr
          me and my journey on facebook

Comment

Peaceful meets abstract, especially in the first which I particular like Phil, an excellent series

b/c

Comment

Great series neighbor..the reflections really play tricks with your mind, and all well captured
              Vince "...the law of unintended consequences, sometimes, you get a truly memorable photograph"
              Gear: Canon G2, Canon 20D, Nikon D300...bunch of lenses
              My Flickr
              www.montalbanophotography.com

Comment

Very well done. Love the series but #2 is a winner for me.
                <3 Sri
                Nikon D80, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm, 70-300mm, SB700, SB600, Sigma EF 530-DG Super
                Do visit my new website: www.klickzbysri.com
                KlickzBySri @ Flickr and Appreciate if you give me a LIKE on Facebook
                You cherish a place only when you are there, but photographs are cherished life long.

Comment

Originally posted by anniehun View Post
                  Phil you just proved that there is no such thing as "nothing to shoot". You did a great job using the greyness and the fog to create atmosphere and contrast. No.2 is stunning, and it is a great set overall. TFS!
                  Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                  Peaceful meets abstract, especially in the first which I particular like Phil, an excellent series

b/c
                  Originally posted by autofocus View Post
                  Great series neighbor..the reflections really play tricks with your mind, and all well captured
                  Originally posted by klickzbysri View Post
                  Very well done. Love the series but #2 is a winner for me.
                  Thank you all very much for your encouraging comments - wasn't sure if these would appeal or not but thought I had something worthwhile.
                  Phil Bunker

Comment

Phil,

Nice job here I really like all of these! Way to turn a dreary day in to something really interesting.
                    flickr
                    Sony SLT-A55; 75-300mm; 18-70mm; nifty fifty 1.8; Photoshop CS5 Extended, Lightroom 4

Comment

Originally posted by ZafarSami View Post
                      I too love the first and 3rd they draw you in and keep you looking. Great set
                      Canon EOS Rebel T1i

Photos By Ferrell

Photos By Ferrell Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorKThomas View Post
                        Phil,

Nice job here I really like all of these! Way to turn a dreary day in to something really interesting.
                        Originally posted by PhotosByFerrell View Post
                        I too love the first and 3rd they draw you in and keep you looking. Great set
                        Many thanks for the nice feedback!!
                        Phil Bunker

Comment

Working...
                        X