Anyone in Sydney, Australia?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in Sydney, Australia?

Looking for some camera peeps to learn stuff from and who actually like to spend time taking a 45min exposure because the cityscape will have just that many more stars in the sky or will make the water look just that much more smooth.
    Last edited by jpustin; 11-25-2011, 02:37 AM.

Sorry just moved! good luck finding someone who will stop jogging for a minute to enjoy the view
    Canon EOS 7D & Canon G12 Powershot 6.1-30.5mm
    Lenses: EF 50mm, EF-S 17-55mm, EF 70-200mm, EF 100mm f2.8 Macro
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sachas_snaps/
    http://www.facebook.com/MomentsBySacha
    http://www.momentsbysacha.com

Comment

Originally posted by jpustin View Post
      Looking for some camera peeps to learn stuff from and who actually like to spend time taking a 45min exposure because the cityscape will have just that many more stars in the sky or will make the water look just that much more smooth.
      have you got examples of what you want

i am in sydney
      ♫ ♥ I move the stars for no one ♥ ♫
      Equipment: 5DmkII - 24-70mm f2.8 - 70-200mm f4 - 480 EX II Flash & Some Other Bits and Pieces
      Website - Facebook

Comment

Hey, i am in Sydney too, Waiting on some 120 film to come back. Tried a 20 minute exposure in the hills behind Camden. If it worked it should be an alright pic! First time i have tried to do this sort of work. Anyone else? Have posted a walk around march, (see post)
        Last edited by robert lamont; 02-03-2012, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Anyone in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth

Hi Fellow photo enthusiasts- I from South Africa and will be visiting Australia ( Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth) between 12th April and 2nd May 2012. I am an aspiring amateur( cannon 5D Mark ii, 24-105 lenz). Please advise on photo meet-ups, tips on what to shoot or opportunities to meet and learn from passionate photographers.
          When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. Lao Tse

Comment

@ Praths

See this flickr grroup (they mostly shoot seascapes)

Flickr: Seascapers - Northern Beaches - Sydney - NSW

What to shoot?
            I depends on your interest and how far you want to travel out of the city.

Lots of 'scapes. (water and land and city)
            Some wildlife (but nothing like Africa).
            Sports
            Street
            Architecture
            Flickr stream.
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/34094515@N00/

Comment

and of course:
              The Sydney Harbour Bridge,
              The Rocks
              The Opera House,
              The Opera house and harbour bridge from mrs Macquaries Chair,
              Kings Cross,
              Bondi
              Blue Mountains
              Circular Quay
              Luna Park,
              Taronga Zoo
              ♫ ♥ I move the stars for no one ♥ ♫
              Equipment: 5DmkII - 24-70mm f2.8 - 70-200mm f4 - 480 EX II Flash & Some Other Bits and Pieces
              Website - Facebook

Comment

Thanks for tips and suggestions- meet up- Sydney

Hi Richard/ DravensHalo

Tx for the suggestions and links- this is very helpful. I will be in Sydney on 12th to late afternoon 14th April- should there be people going out shooting and are happy for me to join- please keep me posted.

I will be staying somewhere in the city- not far from the Opera House. As for my interests- I guess street life, the Sydney landmarks, sunset over the city and city night lights, landscapes ( only have 2.5days) in Sydney so I guess landscapes in Perth, Melbourne and Brisbane.

Had a look at your pics- they are aware some and inspiring for an amateur.😄
                When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. Lao Tse

Comment

Working...
                X