Water Drops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin

Thanks so much for this awesome tip, looks great, I was thinking in trying different kind of liquids not just water to see what happens. If I get good results I will post them here.

thanks again
    bass boat shoes for men

Comment

This is a great idea! I'll try it sometime. Thanks for making this tutorial!
      a passionate procrastinator with a Nikon D70 and no motivation
      my Flickr

Comment

Great tutorial and awesome shots, have to give it a go when I finally get around to some lights.
        Mik, a limey in the USA.

500px.com

Comment

Now THIS is a great tutorial... thanks for posting Kevin. I can't wait to try this. The possibilities are endless. I wonder if you put a portrait picture under the glass if you'd get reflections of the person's face in the droplets? I gotta try this...
          Rich Spears www.rspearsphotography.com
          Blog | Flickr | Zenfolio
          Nikon D3s, D700, Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.8, 85mm 1.8

Comment

Wow I've missed a few replies here. Sorry guys. Thanks for all the compliments, I really appreciate it. Whatever picture you put under the glass will be reflected into the drops. I've had better luck with some than others. It really helps if the picture is good quality, It will make for a sharper, better looking results. I
            Flickr

Comment

Thanks for posting!

So, glad I saw this! Very exciting. I've seen several others that have various versions since. Thank you for sharing!

Comment

Thanks, and you're welcome. I've seen different versions too. I just wanted to show you guys the basic premise and let you run with it.
                Flickr

Comment

Creative, inventive, totaly awesome result. I absolutely love it! Thank you for showing all the steps with pictures, as I am a very visual person, it is much easier for me to understand the "how to" when there are pictures involved. Great job!
                  See you behind the lense,
                  SHould

Comment

Originally posted by should View Post
                    Creative, inventive, totaly awesome result. I absolutely love it! Thank you for showing all the steps with pictures, as I am a very visual person, it is much easier for me to understand the "how to" when there are pictures involved. Great job!
                    Thanks! I'm a more visual person myself, so I completely appreciate where you're coming from. I just wanted to make it easy for everyone and, hopefully, inspire a few people. Thanks again for the compliments, I really appreciate it.
                    Flickr

Comment

Hi this is really good picture. how do u capture those picture. If i want to capture those type of photo what type of lance i hv to buy. thank you for sharing with us.
                      Recipes of Bangladesh

Comment

These are the bulbs I have - Full Spectrum Light Lighting Bulb 85W Photography Photo CFL 6500K Daylight Balanced Pure White Light - Studio Bulbs - EQUIPMENT.
                        Other than that, I used my speed light set at an angle so the glass would reflect the light away from me so. The settings I used on most were 125-160th at F18. Just try different things and find what works best for you. Hope you get some great results.
                        Flickr

Comment

Fish_Eye

Okay so I tried this as well. Here is how mine came out! I had some problems with the lighting and it casting shadows, but I tried. It was a lot of fun!

EXIF Data:
                          105mm Macro Lens 2.8
                          1/60
                          f/20
                          ISO 100
                          Manual Focus
                          Nicole
                          What I shoot: Nikon D80
                          Gear: 18-135mm f/5.6; 70-300mm VR f/4.5; 105mm VR f/2.8; 50mm f/1.8; FSB-600 Speedlight; Various Filters
                          www.nicoledana.com

Comment

Originally posted by nicoledana View Post
                            Okay so I tried this as well. Here is how mine came out! I had some problems with the lighting and it casting shadows, but I tried. It was a lot of fun!

EXIF Data:
                            105mm Macro Lens 2.8
                            1/60
                            f/20
                            ISO 100
                            Manual Focus
                            I think it came out really good, Nicole! Nice work, and thanks for sharing.
                            Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by nicoledana View Post

EXIF Data:
                              105mm Macro Lens 2.8
                              1/60
                              f/20
                              ISO 100
                              Manual Focus
                              wow awesome results and awesome tutorial.
                              Land & seascape photography from Hawaii
                              flickr
                              Canon 5D

Comment

ok, here's mine...using my G12 P&S and my bathroom lighting..

not near as good as the OP but I am happy with it for a first attempt!

Last edited by etexjess; 07-25-2012, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X