No announcement yet.

Military Portrait Half Length

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice Military style shot and excellent detail on the set up. Being prior Military myself a slight adjustment to the pose. Most of the time when taking a full/half body shot in uniform we were always directed to put our hands behind us in a parade rest fashion. This pushes out the chest and shoulders a bit and as explained to me (when I asked) presents a more professional military look.

Just a stickler for details -
    His left sleeve is pulled up and bunchy showing his watch, should have been pulled down and his paints look a little short in the last shot.
    I shoot for me - I shoot for fun.

Comment

Nice

Nice shot.......and great your son is in such a wonderful program...judgeing by his badges he is invovled in many facets of it as well....
      Nikon D300, D600, D800, SB 600, Tamron 24-70 F2.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR2 ,85 F1.8, Nifty Fifty

Comment

Originally posted by Glayva View Post
        Superb Portrait very well done and wonderfully explained. Doesn't get better than this.
        Originally posted by brianxlt View Post
        Very nice Military style shot and excellent detail on the set up. Being prior Military myself a slight adjustment to the pose. Most of the time when taking a full/half body shot in uniform we were always directed to put our hands behind us in a parade rest fashion. This pushes out the chest and shoulders a bit and as explained to me (when I asked) presents a more professional military look.

Just a stickler for details -
        His left sleeve is pulled up and bunchy showing his watch, should have been pulled down and his paints look a little short in the last shot.
        Originally posted by BigMac65 View Post
        Nice shot.......and great your son is in such a wonderful program...judgeing by his badges he is invovled in many facets of it as well....
        Thanks folks
        Scott
        Nikon D700, D300, 50mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8, 105mm f2.8, 28-75 f2.8, 35-70 f2.8, 80-200 f2.8

Comment

I have to agree with everyone. Great portrait and thanks for sharing how you did it. I wish there were more "How I did it" like this.

Mike

Comment

nice lighting

Comment

Good explication

The explication is clear and accurate

Comment

Working...
              X