Nothing to do with photography but more prayers needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing to do with photography but more prayers needed

Got woken up this morning as one of our rentals (we have kitchenettes, apartments and a motel) was on fire. Thank God for the guy who lives in front of that building as he saw it and called 911. BUT, the gas caught on fire and destroyed the building. The lady who lived on the other side was home but that guy woke her up and got her out, thank God.
    She's ok and most of her stuff is ok cept for some smoke and water so today we are helping to move her in our first snow storm of the year.
    sigpic

www.alockintime.com

Facebook

aww intense, glad no one got hurt. stay warm.

Comment

Thank god everyone was ok.. Keep warm. Thinking of you all
      Smile.. Don't make me press this shutter release twice!
      A photo needs to start and finish in your imagination, if it passes through your camera in between, that's cool, if it doesn't, that's cool also.
      Flickriver 500px Portfolio Website SoftlySensual (NSFW!!) Facebook

Comment

Our thoughts are with you.
        Flickr stream.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/34094515@N00/

Comment

Thank you.
          sigpic

www.alockintime.com

Facebook

Comment

I am glad no one was hurt. Stay positive
            DSLR -Nikon D300 - Fujifilm XT1 - Pentax K20D
            POINT 'n' SHOOT - Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ-150 - Nikon Coolpix P7000 - Canon PowerShot S90
            My Flickr
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/97253820@N05/
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/9165063@N06/

Comment

Thank God no loss of life..Catherine showed me the pic on facebook. I guess you didn't need this!
              Vince "...the law of unintended consequences, sometimes, you get a truly memorable photograph"
              Gear: Canon G2, Canon 20D, Nikon D300...bunch of lenses
              My Flickr
              www.montalbanophotography.com

Comment

Must have been frightening, glad that no one was hurt.
                "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away" - author unknown

My greatest Loves- My husband, our 3 boy's, animals, my canon EOS 650D, my canon EFs 18-55mm, EFs 18-135mm, EF 50mm and EF90-300mm lens, my speedlite 320EX and creating with prisma premier colored pencils.

Comment

Glad everyone is okay, you're having a bad run lately Michele, take care.
                  Nikon D810, Nikon AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED, Nikon AF-S 16-35 f/4G ED, Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F/2.8G ED VRll, Nikon AF-S 105mm Micro f/2.8 if-ED, Nikon 300mm f/4eG PF VR IF ED, SB-600, SB-910, Nikon T14E and 17E teleconverters, Fujifilm XT-1, XF 50-140 F/2.8, XF18-135 F/3.5-5.6, XF56 F1.2, XF10-24 f4.0.
                  My flickr
                  My 500px store

Comment

Originally posted by autofocus View Post
                    Thank God no loss of life..Catherine showed me the pic on facebook. I guess you didn't need this!
                    I'm telling you what. nearly a dozen friends, relatives and my dog passed away. Sewer collapsed on our place leaving several residents without water for days, then at our other place a water main broke and now this. Either we are really lucky or really not.
                    sigpic

www.alockintime.com

Facebook

Comment

Glad no one was hurt, anyway! If I could give you some of my good luck, I would Michelle. I think I have a bit to spare. Well, I'm really sorry to hear this. I hope things look up soon.
                      -Indigo
                      D90, Minolta xg-9, Minolta xg-1, Petri gx-1
                      A bunch of glass, mostly old, manual lenses.
                      flickr

Comment

It has been said that things like this happen for a reason. Some say it helps us to become a stronger individual, some say it's to help us appreciate the things we still have a little bit more. At a time like this I can't imagine these thoughts being of much comfort. But in the end when all the ashes are gone, and all your loved ones have been laid to rest, and all the debris is swept away. If you look real close you will see a tiny little flower emerge from what seemed like total despair. And that will be your sign that things will get better and you are a stronger person and that there is still hope. Not ALL is lost. My prayers are with you.
                        Rick
                        JustMe
                        Canon EOS 40D

Comment

Thank you. I do look at it like this, our tennant is ok, her stuff is all intact and none of it burned. Now we have a reason to put a newer and better building
                          sigpic

www.alockintime.com

Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by windrider86 View Post
                            I'm telling you what. nearly a dozen friends, relatives and my dog passed away. Sewer collapsed on our place leaving several residents without water for days, then at our other place a water main broke and now this. Either we are really lucky or really not.
                            I'm a little confused here. All the other posts say there glad no one was hurt, but in this post "nearly a dozen friends, relatives and your dog passed away" What a devastating lose that is. and for people to post that their glad everyone is OK does not make any scenes to me. How heartless obviously your not OK or am I missing something here?
                            Rick
                            Maybe I'm reading this wrong, are you saying close to 12 people were lost or 12 people were close to loosing their life's?
                            Last edited by redartsjr; 12-10-2012, 01:02 AM.
                            JustMe
                            Canon EOS 40D

Comment

I think she is referring to people who have passed over the year, not in the fire. I think everyone means no one was hurt in the fire, as OP said the tenant got out okay and only had smoke and water damage to her belongings.

Comment

Working...
                              X