• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some peoples are in danger...

I'm quitting smoking.
    Stay away from me !!!
    Marc B. equipped with:
    Nikon D50 and D90, Nikkor 18-55, Nikkor 70-300, Nikkor 55-200VR, Nikkor 50 1.8, SB700 (2), Vivitar 4000 and a bunch of knick-knacks.
    Still learning...

Best of luck with that!
    Lisa
    Nikon D90, Nikkor 18-200mm 3.5-5.6, NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D
    My Flickr, Panoramio, Click Fifty-Two - A BLog,
    "There's far more good people in the world than there are bad." - Kylie Phaup-Stephens

Comment

Good for you.. It's hard work, it takes determination and self control. If you fall off the wagon you need to get straight back on instead of giving up entirely. You shouldn't think you can't, you should think you can.. Quitting smoking is the best thing you can do for your health, I'm amazed how much better I feel since I gave up, it's an achievement you can rightly be proud of, and you should tell all the non-smokers you know how many days/weeks/months it's been.. Tell me.. I'll pat you on the back when you need a little reassurance that the effort is worth it.

One trick I found is the time I missed it most was when my mates sneaked out from work for a smoke break.. So I took smoke breaks, just drank a coffee instead... My boss never questioned this, but if he had, I would have accused him of favouritising smokers and carried on.

Good luck with this.. It's the best thing you could do for yourself.. Spend the money you save on a little treat for yourself every now and again.
      Smile.. Don't make me press this shutter release twice!
      A photo needs to start and finish in your imagination, if it passes through your camera in between, that's cool, if it doesn't, that's cool also.
      Flickriver 500px Portfolio Website SoftlySensual (NSFW!!) Facebook

Comment

Congratulations! As of right now, I am quitting with you!
        I went on a trip a couple of weeks ago, and couldn't smoke anywhere I went. I was able to cut back to a couple a day, and it's been that way ever since. I think I am going to cut all ties today because of this post.
        I'll walk the road with ya!
        Luke.
        500px
        facebook
        flickr

Comment

Good for you guys. Being from a family of smokers, who died because of smoking related Illnesses, I've never smoked tobacco.
          http://pa.photoshelter.com/c/jimbryant
          http://jimbryantphotography.blogspot.com/
          (1) EOS 1D MKIII (3) EOS 1D's, (3) EOS1D MKIIs', (1) EOS1Ds MKII, 14mmf2.8, 16-35mmf2.8, 28-70mmf2.8, 70-200mm f2.8, 300mm f2.8 and a 400mmf2.8, (4) 550 EX and 1 580E speedlite, and a Speed a tron studio flash system.

Comment

Good luck to you, hope you can stick with it.
            LISA
            Canon EOS 600D, 50mm, 18-55mm & 55-250 mm kit lens for the flash stuff.
            Olympus Tough 8010, waterproof, shockproof compact P&S - great for the kids.

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by RLucas View Post
              Congratulations! As of right now, I am quitting with you!
              Welcome to the club.
              (going 'round in circle singing "You'll never walk alone")
              Marc B. equipped with:
              Nikon D50 and D90, Nikkor 18-55, Nikkor 70-300, Nikkor 55-200VR, Nikkor 50 1.8, SB700 (2), Vivitar 4000 and a bunch of knick-knacks.
              Still learning...

Comment

Yeah... Stick with it lads.. If you can do this you can do anything..
                Smile.. Don't make me press this shutter release twice!
                A photo needs to start and finish in your imagination, if it passes through your camera in between, that's cool, if it doesn't, that's cool also.
                Flickriver 500px Portfolio Website SoftlySensual (NSFW!!) Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by SwissJon View Post
                  If you can do this you can do anything..
                  I already know that. The question is, can I do at least one of those things right!
                  Marc B. equipped with:
                  Still learning...

Comment

I was a heavy smoker and gave it up in June 2004. Went cold turkey - so did my wife. Tip: keep a bottle of water with you and drink from it every time you feel the urge. The first two weeks is the hardest, but think of the good it's doing you and the money you'll save for those expensive photographic toys. Reward yourselves at every milestone you pass. Best of luck guys!
                    Nikon D810, Nikon AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED, Nikon AF-S 16-35 f/4G ED, Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F/2.8G ED VRll, Nikon AF-S 105mm Micro f/2.8 if-ED, Nikon 300mm f/4eG PF VR IF ED, SB-600, SB-910, Nikon T14E and 17E teleconverters, Fujifilm XT-1, XF 50-140 F/2.8, XF18-135 F/3.5-5.6, XF56 F1.2, XF10-24 f4.0.
                    My flickr
                    My 500px store

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Bryant View Post
                      Good for you guys. Being from a family of smokers, who died because of smoking related Illnesses, I've never smoked tobacco.
                      That doesn't mean you're not immune Jim
                      Nikon D810, Nikon AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED, Nikon AF-S 16-35 f/4G ED, Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F/2.8G ED VRll, Nikon AF-S 105mm Micro f/2.8 if-ED, Nikon 300mm f/4eG PF VR IF ED, SB-600, SB-910, Nikon T14E and 17E teleconverters, Fujifilm XT-1, XF 50-140 F/2.8, XF18-135 F/3.5-5.6, XF56 F1.2, XF10-24 f4.0.
                      My flickr
                      My 500px store

Comment

Good for both of you. That is one habit I never picked up. You can quit if you really want to. My father-in-law smoked for 50 years had some heart trouble and the Dr. said he needed to quit and he quit cold turkey with a carton and a half of cigarettes in the cupboard.

We are all behind you.

Dave
                        Post count does not reflect actual photography knowledge.

Canon 7D MkII, Canon 60D, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4, Canon 24-105L f4, Sigma 70-200 f 2.8, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6

Comment

March 15, 2007 was the last time I had a ciggie after nearly 40 years of pack-a-day smoking. I'm rooting for you guys!!

During those first weeks I had a hard cinnamon candy after meals instead of a smoke, chewed on plastic coffee stirrers during the day, and whenever it really got tough, reminded myself that even if I had a cig the craving would still be back 20 minutes later like clockwork guaranteed.

I think the main thing that kept me going was being so appalled, and incredibly pissed off, at how bad RJ Reynolds & Co had my butt over a barrel. I absolutely refused to give in to the bastards.

Worked pretty good!
                          Cheers, Kurt Maurer
                          Canon T3i body, Canon 100-400mm, 15-85mm, 60mm macro, Pixel Mago & Other Stuff
                          Always okay for dps users to critique and edit my photos for instructional purposes.
                          My flickr

Comment

I have a friend that gave up smoking, he used sunflower seeds, kept some in his mouth all the time to keep his mouth busy..he works outside though...might not work in a office environment..

Comment

Someone suggested that I drink a glass of water when I have a craving.
                              So, If you want to have one last look at the Great Lakes, that would be the time!
                              Marc B. equipped with:
                              Still learning...

Comment

Working...
                              X