Announcement

Collapse

Please submit your assignment suggestions!

Hi! Please visit THIS THREAD and submit your dPS Assignment suggestions! We'll be starting assignments again in two weeks time - hope to see you all participating.

Thanks!
See more
See less

How much do I charge for fashion editorial?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do I charge for fashion editorial?

Hello everybody,

I have been asked to do an editorial fashion shooting for a shop that has stores in different places of the USA. The shooting would be only published online. I am in charge of searching the concept, location and model - with their opinion as well. Budget for the model is 600 dollars per day.

I have checked the "how much do I charge..." in the forum but I could not find a case like mine. I have no experience in paid fashion shootings, but the quality of my work is in my opinion good - does not look amateur.

How much do you think I should charge per day?

Thanks for your help

Just to clarify; They are paying one model $600 per day? Do you know how many days shooting they have budgeted for?
    Art: www.jamieorourke.co.uk
    Work: www.jamieorourkephotography.co.uk
    Sony a200 Sony a580, Canon 500D, Canon 550D, Canon 600D, Canon 600D

Comment

Hi, yes 600 per day.

I think in principle the shooting will only be one day.

Comment

Web?????, if it for web only make sure it says that and no other publication rights are granted. I'd charge at least $1500.00 a day. Or rather, ask them what they have budgeted for photography and haggle from there.
        Last edited by Jim Bryant; 01-09-2013, 07:12 PM.
        http://pa.photoshelter.com/c/jimbryant
        http://jimbryantphotography.blogspot.com/
        (1) EOS 1D MKIII (3) EOS 1D's, (3) EOS1D MKIIs', (1) EOS1Ds MKII, 14mmf2.8, 16-35mmf2.8, 28-70mmf2.8, 70-200mm f2.8, 300mm f2.8 and a 400mmf2.8, (4) 550 EX and 1 580E speedlite, and a Speed a tron studio flash system.

Comment

Yes it is only web, but I will make sure. I shoot film, should I add something for this fact or is 1500$ a standard price for such a work?

thanks

Comment

Do they know you shoot film?
            Extra work extra cost - they might be expecting a quick turnaround

Comment

They asked me if I do at the same time they asked my budget, so I guess they will consider this point in my price

Comment

Cool cool, will you be just shooting or doing ALL the post as well? Ie the full on photoshop tweaks etc or do they have a graphic designer who will take your photos and do cutouts/merges etc for the magazine/catelogue?

Comment

Filmmmmm? what's that? You'd have to charge them 50% markup in film prices, processing, proofing and scanning per hour.
                  http://pa.photoshelter.com/c/jimbryant
                  http://jimbryantphotography.blogspot.com/
                  (1) EOS 1D MKIII (3) EOS 1D's, (3) EOS1D MKIIs', (1) EOS1Ds MKII, 14mmf2.8, 16-35mmf2.8, 28-70mmf2.8, 70-200mm f2.8, 300mm f2.8 and a 400mmf2.8, (4) 550 EX and 1 580E speedlite, and a Speed a tron studio flash system.

Comment

you can charge $1500-$2000. but make sure they have a publication rights to publish photos on web only not other.

Comment

Working...
                    X