Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biomech View Post
    And you make me sad.
    You sad bro? I know the sun doesn't come out much in the UK but things will be ok. If you need some help then I got some help for you!

Comment

A lot of people here seem to be against using your name which is odd. All of the very successful photographers that I know of use their names as their business name. Anything else just sounds cheesy imo. Though if you were a large company of several photographers something cheesy may work. I choose to use my first and middle names just in case I get married and change my last name someday.

Comment

Originally posted by sarahashleyphotos View Post
        A lot of people here seem to be against using your name which is odd. All of the very successful photographers that I know of use their names as their business name. Anything else just sounds cheesy imo. Though if you were a large company of several photographers something cheesy may work. I choose to use my first and middle names just in case I get married and change my last name someday.
        Yeah, I agree with this, although its not universal, one awesome duo are Nordica Photography... but the rest (for me) use their names.

Also agree with Andy, maybe change the URL options/ Registered name options slightly...?
        Twitter | Facebook
        Matt Ethan Photography

Comment

I think it depends on what you're doing, whether you're just a photographer working on your own or you're actually running a company.

The biggest mark against using your name is that if you get a bad rep, it has your name, literally, all over it. You can't sell the business either.
          Art: www.jamieorourke.co.uk
          Work: www.jamieorourkephotography.co.uk
          Sony a200 Sony a580, Canon 500D, Canon 550D, Canon 600D, Canon 600D

Comment

Using your real name as a domain name, website name, or business name personally identifies a business with the owner thus creating a certain connection directly to a specific photographer. It also creates a brand that is unique to you and your style of photography and also shows perspective clients that you are proud of your work by affixing you name to your work!
            Last edited by PixelGun; 12-20-2012, 07:52 PM.

Comment

angelascamera.com is currently available
              Rich Spears www.rspearsphotography.com
              Blog | Flickr | Zenfolio
              Nikon D3s, D700, Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.8, 85mm 1.8

Comment

Interesting choice of domain names, at first when I say that domain name I think a photography shop or retailer such as Wolf Camera or Ritz Camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Biomech View Post
                  I think it depends on what you're doing, whether you're just a photographer working on your own or you're actually running a company.

The biggest mark against using your name is that if you get a bad rep, it has your name, literally, all over it. You can't sell the business either.
                  Originally posted by PixelGun View Post
                  Using your real name as a domain name, website name, or business name personally identifies a business with the owner thus creating a certain connection directly to a specific photographer. It also creates a brand that is unique to you and your style of photography and also shows perspective clients that you are proud of your work by affixing you name to your work!
                  I agree with both of these points. Its actually very useful to think about where you want to go with the future of your business and these are considerations worth making.
                  Twitter | Facebook
                  Matt Ethan Photography

Comment

^^ Personally, what I do / have done, is setup a creative company name (ie not my name). I then section off parts of the company into brands, register the domains and market them seperately. This way I can manage, promote and sell any particular section (brand) without it having a negative impact on "the company".

And, actually, if you look at most of the brands in your house, you'll find they all come from about only 5 major suppliers (like GSK, Pepsico, Mars Inc. etc)

But like I said, it depends what you're doing, I don't just provide photography.

Comment

Yea, how could I have missed that one. Your right when I think of Pepsi I also think of jamieorourke.co.uk....

Comment

You know, I can't actually work out if you're a complete bellend, a troll or just trying to be humorous

Comment

Add your "second name" photography

Comment

You have to see also about related things that will be connected to the name you wanted.
                            Specializes in Cleveland Wedding Videography from affordable wedding videographer

Comment

What about pure life foto

Comment

Originally posted by ang1995 View Post
                                Thanks everyone!

I've been trying not to think too hard. Everyone else has been giving me ideas. Haven't really come up of any on my own.

Anyone else???
                                I would say leave it alone for a few days, even a week or two. Even though we are giving you ideas, just leave it alone. Think about something else, grab your gear and get out and shoot. The reasoning behind this is simple -- your brain will be in creative mode while you are shooting. Also, get out of your comfort zone while you shoot this will force your brain to become even more creative. As this happens, you will come up with a very catchy name for your business, in addition, create a list of all things you like, nick names, scriptures, etc., keep the list in your camera bag. Once you are inspired by something write it down then after a few days go back an look at the list (probably pretty lengthy at this point) start looking over the list, maybe combing the words, maybe you can create acronyms, and if you are dead set on using your name try it as a different spelling or even in a different language. For example, my business name represents my line number (#3) when I pledge my fraternity. The name sounded very good to the ear and looked very good to the eye. Then I typed it in MS Word in different fonts just to see how it would possibly look on a business card. You want to make sure it's not too hard to remember (if the client loses the card or speaking about it to someone else), not too long for business card purposes. The website well... no one wants to type a a football field long word in the search engine (ex. http://www.angelic-photography-and-i...on-college.com) Hell! Try putting that on a card, shirt, pen, mouse-pad or any other promotional material. Hopefully, this helps!
                                Tre'Club Images
                                Weapon of choice -- a Nikon D750
                                Facebook|Flickr|Model Mayhem
                                "You Fail To Plan, You Plan To Fail" -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X