No announcement yet.

Business Cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I started shooting nightlife parties and club events I have gone to the use of MOO cards to hand out there. Easy, has all contact info I want to give out and gives folks a preview of the type of photos they will find on the site once I get them processed. I order up a batch about every other event I shoot and the response has been great.

I have professional business cards to hand out to potential clients and also have the MOO Postcards as well so they can have an image of an event right there with the business card.

I use www.overnightprints.com for my cards and they do an excellent job for a low price. And they get them to me quickly.

I prefer the matte finish for my cards as it makes it easier to write on them if needed.
    Dizzle
    DeNic Photography | Portfolio | Group Blog
    Nikon D700 | 50 1.8 | 17-35 2.8-4 |28-75 2.8 | 80-200 2.8

Comment

Well I make my own business cards. IMO, as long as you buy professional style business cards and you design the card professionally I don't see the difference. I couldn't say if it's cheaper or not making your own. But me personally I perfer to make my own business cards.
      Crystal

Comment

Originally posted by tileart4you View Post
        This may be a dumb question, but if you are not taking pictures for anyone in particular, how do you get into the event for free? Can you just show up with camera gear and they let you in?

How does it work?
        pretty much. if you look important enough people really don't question you around here.

Comment

Originally posted by GEli View Post
          If you do end up putting a home phone/cell number on your business card, you might start answering your phone with "So and so photography" instead of just saying hello. It adds a surprisingly amount of professionalism in the eyes of the caller, and any friends or family who call shouldn't mind too much.
          Agree wholeheartedly!

And on the subject of professionally printed cards vs home printed, I'd argue that pro printed are the way to go. If I don't know one photographer from another and I have two different cards from two different photographers who are charging about the same price, I'm going to pick the one with the professional cards every time.

If you are not serious enough to get real business cards, how can I be assured that you're serious enough to get the job done.

This doesn't apply to just photographers. If I had to different guys offering to re-roof my house and one has a home printed business card whereas another has a nice business card, I'm going to call the guy with the nice business card.
          - Sander <---- that's my name.

Comment

Thank you all who have replied, I have gone and put in an order for professional business cards. Maybe once they are done i can post a picture of it. lol.

Comment

I got mine done a while back...I sell both paintings and photography... I am trying to remember who did them. They are great! I have one of my most abstract pics on it. I think I paid like $60 for 500. Kinda pricey but so worth it. My friend who is also an artist got hers for next to nothing and when she saw mine she couldn't believe the difference. When she runs out of hers she is going to try something with a little more quality. If you have to pay a little more than you want...do it...it will be worth it in the end!!
              Nikon D700, Nikon D90, Tamron 28-75 2.8 lens, Nikkor 50mm 1.4 lens, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Nikkor 18-200mm 3.5-5.6 lens, Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm 2.8 lens

Comment

When I figure out who did them I will definitely let yall know...
                Nikon D700, Nikon D90, Tamron 28-75 2.8 lens, Nikkor 50mm 1.4 lens, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Nikkor 18-200mm 3.5-5.6 lens, Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm 2.8 lens

Comment

Originally posted by southernbelle View Post
                  I got mine done a while back...I sell both paintings and photography... I am trying to remember who did them. They are great! I have one of my most abstract pics on it. I think I paid like $60 for 500. Kinda pricey but so worth it. My friend who is also an artist got hers for next to nothing and when she saw mine she couldn't believe the difference. When she runs out of hers she is going to try something with a little more quality. If you have to pay a little more than you want...do it...it will be worth it in the end!!
                  Cool, can you scan int and post it on the forum?
                  -----My GeAr-----
                  Body: Nikon D80
                  Flash: SB800
                  Grip: MB-D80
                  Lenses: Nikkor 18-135 kitlens Tamron 17-50 1:2.8

Comment

I'd definetly go with a card that has some very nice photo you made (maybe use more than one and have several diferent cards) on one side. The other side would have usual contacts (phone, email, site).
                    A small catch phrase is also nice, i think...

Comment

I suppose I should share with you guys a link I've been sitting on.

This company advertises in print trade magazines all the time. I have samples of their work and it's excellent stuff.

Example: 1000 business cards full color front and back for $32.95. Cards are heavy stock and UV gloss coated. They have a really high quality feel to them. You can use their online design program or download a template to create your own.

http://www.nextdayflyers.com/ndf/sit...?fuseaction=19
                      - Sander <---- that's my name.

Comment

My husband and I use Dittos, they actually do a really nice job, it is about $70 for 1000 cards, and you can use your own design/logo... I made my own card on Microsoft Publisher, and then take it there to be printed. My own card would take way too much money in ink and also because they seem to have a much better printer. My logo is all black with some gold, so it tends to not let the gold show as well when I print it....ALSO, one of the things I do, is get my writing raised on my card. It adds just a extra touch....

As far as matte vs glossy, I prefer to get a satin/semi gloss front with matte black.... protection without being too shiny and also writable on the back if you needed to(course, mine is black so it doesn't help me there)
                        Last edited by KatzPhotography; 04-25-2008, 06:21 AM.
                        Proud Nikon Owner....

Nikon D70s

www.katzphotography.net

Comment

I have made my own. Just a logo and Email link. I didn't put a photograph on it because it will never look as good as the full size shot to me. Its easy. Its cheap for me. Its fun to fling them about.

Pat C
                          Nikon D300 x 2,18-200,18-135,70-300, 10.5mm Fisheye,SB800 flash, Gorilla Pod, BogManfrotto 190XPROB tripod and 488RC2 Head.

http://invisibleblack.zenfolio.com/
                          http://community.webshots.com/user/t...host=community

Comment

Here are mine that I just ordered from www.overnightprints.com they work well for what I do along with the MOO cards:

Dizzle
                            DeNic Photography | Portfolio | Group Blog
                            Nikon D700 | 50 1.8 | 17-35 2.8-4 |28-75 2.8 | 80-200 2.8

Comment

Dyno - your business card looks very sharp. I like it.

I felt inspired by this thread, so I ordered some from zazzle.
                              Zane
                              www.lloydzeffler.com
                              Lloyd Zeffler Photography

Comment

could someone explain what a moo card is?

Comment

Working...
                                X