This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling from Overseas

Great thread and very useful links. Does anybody know what's the best way to sell images from other countries? With that I mean that I want to sell images from Japan in the U.S., or Europe. Is this possible with Zenfolio, or the other links mentioned in the first post?

Sorry for the newbie question. I'm still new to selling images. Thanks for your patience.
    Nikon D300, Nikon D50, Panasonic FZ30
    18-200VR, Tamron 17-50 2.8
    Tamron 90 2.8 Macro, Nikon 50 1.4.
    www.albasinc.bravehost.com

Comment

Why do people like smugmug? I'm just uploading some photos now, and it seems so complicated to me! Can people actually buy your photos off this site?
      Gear: Nikon D80, Nikon D300s, Sony Cybershot W7, Canon G12 | Nikkor 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 AF, Nikkor 50mm f1.8 AF, 50mm f1.8 MF, Nikkor 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 AF VR, Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 AF, Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 AF, Nikkor 35mm f1.8 | SB-600 Speedlight

Online Galleries: Website | Facebook | Picasa

Comment

Go here for help on uploading photos to Smugmug. You will also notice that on top of every photo found on Smugmug there's a "buy this photo" button.
        flickr and smugmug. They both rock.

Comment

im a member of http://www.printroom.com been there a couple of months..also a member of a few others,like dreamstime...
          kamraladympr

Comment

Originally posted by filemanager View Post
            Why do people like smugmug? I'm just uploading some photos now, and it seems so complicated to me! Can people actually buy your photos off this site?

I've been using a smugmug pro account for 18 months now. Yes people can, and will buy your shots if it's something they want.

My only complaint with them is it takes forever to upload a lot of shots, but I guess their about like the others I use.

Comment

Originally posted by rolii View Post
              Go here for help on uploading photos to Smugmug. You will also notice that on top of every photo found on Smugmug there's a "buy this photo" button.
              I like the idea of an image hosting service that allows people to purchase my images but a quick look at the prices on Smugmug has me running. Theirs are at least a third higher than other online print services.

Comment

Thanks for making this info available. I'm a newbie and can use any and all help I can get.

Comment

I like Zenfolio.com. Like Smugmug, you can set prices and sell your work with their premium account. I preferred the look of zenfolio's gallery and slideshows, which is why I went with them over Smugmug. Otherwise, the two seemed very similar. I was also looking into ExposureManager.com, and their support most impressed me - but their galleries are blah unless you design your own, and I didn't want to have to bother with that.
                  -- Shelly
                  Canon 50D, Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
                  * OK to edit and re-post my photos, only to DPS *
                  [about me] - [Flickr] - [zenfolio gallery]

Comment

I can propose www.clikpic.com
                    Generally it's the platform to create a portfolio. But with opportunity to custom your own design and sales.

Comment

I'm selling my prints on zazzle.com
                      I get 17% of the profit (have it set up to be donated to charity, not really interested in trying to make money just wanted to do something productive with my photos)

If you sign up you get 10%, then if you become and associate you get 17%. I am an ametuer and not sure if my photos would be accepted to the big professional places, so I started using zazzle (started on 5/29/08 and have sold 6 things so far)
                      My Blog
                      My Photoblog

Comment

Suri, your blog is beautiful and I love your "Kiss My Splash" card.
                        Lori Putman flickr
                        ~No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys
                        ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
                        7D | 300L f/4 IS | 70-200L f/2.8 IS II | 135L | 35L | 100/2.0 | 50/1.4
                        430 EX, 580 EX II Speedlites

Comment

Thanks Lori, I needed a boost! Yesterday after reading this thread I submitted some of my stuff to Shutterstock and got rejected (sob sob). I will recover, haha, but it did hurt a little.

Oh well, I am here to learn and hopefully will get better.

I forgot to make the zazzle link clickable... here it is if anyone is interested (any other ametuers in here)
                          www.zazzle.com
                          My Blog
                          My Photoblog

Comment

Zenfolio

I have been using www.zenfolio.com for personal use for years and am extremely pleased with it. They have a pro option as well, that allows selling your work. I plan to try it out shortly.
                            Jessica
                            www.jessicashepard.com

Comment

Lot's of good info. Been looking for this info as well.
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/jde95tln

http://jds-photography.deviantart.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X