Senior Portraits PRICING - help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Niresangwa View Post

Over sensitive and still missing the point.
    Well then don't waste your time answering my question if you're going to be rude. I just wanted some advice from the "pros". Guess I was wrong to ask for your help.

Thank you mshockley for your kind reply!

JIM POOR - I have experience with photography and photoshoots. What I don't have experience with and "no clue" about is pricing. There is a big difference there, bud.

Comment

And yet you claim to have sold your work. Okay, "Bud."
      Best,
      Jim
      Facebook
      Visit my website

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Poor View Post
        And yet you claim to have sold your work. Okay, "Bud."
        I sold a few prints in my grandmother's photo store. She charged based on her knowledge of photography. $50 for that print. So you see, I didn't set any price...I just let the professional name it. Because I knew she knew what she was doing and I didn't know. If all you have to say is non-imformative and mean...then please, with all due respect, go somewhere else.

Comment

I, and others have given you plenty of information, but you choose to ignore it beat your chest because we hurt your sensitive little feelings.

Read, digest, and evaluate. Then, use, modify or discard.

Have fun, 'bud.'
          Best,
          Jim
          Facebook
          Visit my website

Comment

I, and others have given you plenty of information, but you choose to ignore it beat your chest because we hurt your sensitive little feelings.

Read, digest, and evaluate. Then, use, modify or discard.

Have fun, 'bud.'
            Well I'm so sorry that I'm just a bit sensitive when someone tells me I have no business charging for senior pictures because I have a few questions about it. You call that Plenty of information??? Why didn't you just refrain from replying if that's all you had to say? There was nothing helpful in what you said.

Comment

Originally posted by madisonlaird View Post
              Well I'm so sorry that I'm just a bit sensitive when someone tells me I have no business charging for senior pictures because I have a few questions about it. You call that Plenty of information??? Why didn't you just refrain from replying if that's all you had to say? There was nothing helpful in what you said.
              I think you mean that there was nothing you want to hear in what I had to say. That's Okay though. Launch unprepared, sink or swim, and live with the consequences.
              Best,
              Jim
              Facebook
              Visit my website

Comment

Who wants to hear that they have no business doing photography?? Would you want someone to tell you that? I think I'd like to hear encouraging things rather than degrading comments. It IS possible to present the blunt truth in a respectable way.

Comment

Nobody said that you shouldn't be doing photography.

I personally believe you're not ready for launching into the senior portrait business. I base that on the questions you have asked and the knowledge you appear to posses and that which you appear to lack.

Have you mastered external lighting since November?
                  Have you mastered even one application of external lighting or setup that applies to portraits?
                  You said yourself that you haven't a clue, yet you appear to be drawn by the idea of suddenly having three paying customers.

Feel free to ignore everything said and go for it. It might work out, it might not.
                  Best,
                  Jim
                  Facebook
                  Visit my website

Comment

I'm not switching my whole course to strictly senior portraits...but it's a way to make money so I'm just interested in it. What am I suppose to do...turn down 3 paying customers? I've been waiting for an opportunity to start making money on a regular basis with my photography. So I was excited to get 3 interested customers...I just wanted help on how to make them the best portraits for these customers. I'm not interested in studio photography...I would rather do natural light any day. That's just my preference.

Thanks for the help...at least you were civil this time.

Comment

Originally posted by madisonlaird View Post
                      I'm not switching my whole course to strictly senior portraits...but it's a way to make money so I'm just interested in it. What am I suppose to do...turn down 3 paying customers? I've been waiting for an opportunity to start making money on a regular basis with my photography. So I was excited to get 3 interested customers...I just wanted help on how to make them the best portraits for these customers. I'm not interested in studio photography...I would rather do natural light any day. That's just my preference.

Thanks for the help...at least you were civil this time.
                      Look, the problem is that if you blow it, you're done. Outdoor, natural light is just as complex (more so actually) than studio lighting if you want anything better than a snap shot.

Should you turn down three paying customers? My gut says yes you should at this time. I'm all too happy to be wrong.

You might be interested in this thread (or maybe not): http://digital-photography-school.co...at-we-say.html
                      Best,
                      Jim
                      Facebook
                      Visit my website

Comment

Just want to point out that a few 'pros' in this thread have resulted in yet another person needing help, sending me an email asking me to delete their account... I'm getting pretty sick of it...

If you don't like that someone is trying to do what you already do - don't bother replying, like the op said.

If I have someone else ask me to delete their account and find this thread bashing when I try find out why - the op won't be the only person having their account deleted that day.
                        www | twitter | facebook

If you're looking for customer service, please use this link, thank you!

Comment

Okay, so someone from THIS thread, which is from February 2011, is just NOW asking you to delete their account?

Okay.
                          Best,
                          Jim
                          Facebook
                          Visit my website

Comment

Okay, so someone from THIS thread, which is from February 2011, is just NOW asking you to delete their account?

Okay.
                            you can't even make this stuff up, Jim...
                            www | twitter | facebook

If you're looking for customer service, please use this link, thank you!

Comment

Oh I know. I see it, though on a much smaller scale, in the mods area of another forum.
                              Best,
                              Jim
                              Facebook
                              Visit my website

Comment

BUT, and it's probably a moot point, it's just an example of the kind of poster the OP is/was.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I at least tried to be nice and put a spoonful of sugar with the yucky medicine until the OP made it clear that they really didn't want advice.

I'm more than happy to help anyone who wants it, but I'm really getting tired of figuring out who does/doesn't, so I may just go sit in the corner for a while.
                                Last edited by Jim Poor; 04-16-2012, 02:14 PM.
                                Best,
                                Jim
                                Facebook
                                Visit my website

Comment

Working...
                                X