Gallery/Portfolio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallery/Portfolio

I've been pursuing photography for some time, and I'm looking to build my online presence. And, well, I have no idea where to start! I've been told building a gallery online would be a good idea. Can y'all point me in the right direction? As fantastic as flickr is, I'm looking to build something that I can share with companies, as I'm looking to stretch my wings beyond our local area. Thanks!

I use and recommend Zenfolio. Great features, user interface, and customer support. They have a free trial; if you decide to sign up, you can save a few bucks with my referral code: DUQ-C5J-MB8
    Julie Bernstein | funcrunchphoto.com

Comment

You can set up nice portfolio site with Wordpress.
      Wordpress will allow customization to the point that it won't look like everyone else cheap freebie site.

Comment

I second wordpress. You can buy a theme for about $50 that will help it look more liek a website, less like a free blog, and it is pretty easy, plenty of how tos online if you need.

Comment

hi

I think you should try to capture wildlife photography then you should try some other photography.
          Portrait photographer Glasgow

Comment

Originally posted by elliottimages View Post
            I think you should try to capture wildlife photography then you should try some other photography.
            How the %^&$ does this comment have anything to do with the OP's question? It was all about building an on-line presence.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFuzzy View Post
              How the %^&$ does this comment have anything to do with the OP's question? It was all about building an on-line presence.
              Hilarious! You're right :-) Someone got lost here?

Comment

Originally posted by november View Post
                Hilarious! You're right :-) Someone got lost here?
                One too many Guinness I suppose.
                http://pa.photoshelter.com/c/jimbryant
                http://jimbryantphotography.blogspot.com/
                (1) EOS 1D MKIII (3) EOS 1D's, (3) EOS1D MKIIs', (1) EOS1Ds MKII, 14mmf2.8, 16-35mmf2.8, 28-70mmf2.8, 70-200mm f2.8, 300mm f2.8 and a 400mmf2.8, (4) 550 EX and 1 580E speedlite, and a Speed a tron studio flash system.

Comment

Originally posted by elliottimages View Post
                  Take a look at this poster's history and it becomes clear that he's just prepping the field for SPAM.
                  Best,
                  Jim
                  Facebook
                  Visit my website

Comment

Hello,
                    I use darqroom.com to stock and show my pictures. I'm very happy of their work. There is a free trial offer and for the price, there are several options (pro or not)
                    There is no limit for the place. The size of each picture is limited to 150 Mo and they accept all kind of format, even RAW or NEF.
                    You can integrate flash gallery produced with your pictures to your website or have a directly web gallery.

For example :
                    my website : www.parlamer.fr (sorry in french...)
                    the gallery made by Darqroom : galerie.parlamer.fr
                    my profile : parlamer.darqroom.com/
                    (my profile is in French but the language can be set up)

I have tried also deviantart but I don't like. It's a big mess.

Cheers,
                    Olivier.
                    Last edited by olivier; 02-24-2011, 05:43 PM.
                    Nikon D90 fitted with 18-105 - 50 (1.8) - 35 (1.8 - my favorite) - 105 (2.8) - 70-300 - 10-24 - SB900
                    My Website : www.parlamer.fr
                    Fan me on FB : Par-la-mer-photographie

Comment

I have to try Wordpress... I used Blogger and sure enough its not that good.
                      Flickr seems to be the best fit for me. Don't need to think about how to design the template.
                      Websites
                      My Flickr
                      My Photo Blog | Edoras Travelogue
                      My Gadget Blog | Edoras FotoZine Website

Comment

PhotoGraphy

This is a very informative discussion.I was looking for these things and here I found it. I am doing a project and this information is very useful me.
                        wedding photography glasgow

glasgow wedding photographer

Comment

Online presence - Wordpress
                          Online presence and e-commerce - Zenfolio

Comment

Working...
                          X