Contest Winners: "Best of the Year 2012"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contest Winners: "Best of the Year 2012"

This is always the most difficult week to judge. So many good images, so many different favorites among the judges, so many times we set one aside that we really liked. Congrats to all of you for working so hard to improve your skills and making it so hard to pick!

Tie for first:
    Paco X's Punk Goddess

"Paco X did something most of us find difficult, asking a complete stranger to pose for a shot. Good color, nice pose with the cigarette adding a supporting role, intriguing subject and nice use of shallow dof."

Sarahpradit's Little Girl Grown Up

" I just loved this one. Every little girl wants to be like her mommy. Playing with makeup and trying on her clothes. So many memories in this photo"

Second goes to Annwen's The Pier at sunrise after a rain shower

" A great number of good landscape shots here. This one by Annwen stands out for it's simplicity, leading lines and beautiful sky."

Third in next post.
    Last edited by Saralonde; 01-12-2013, 02:49 PM.
    Linda
    My Gear
    OK to re-edit and repost my shots on dps
    flickr

And another tie for third:
    iamderecklarsen's Stairway

"what a great shot, holds your interest, great lines and shapes. Well executed"

amford61's OBX House Fire

" not an every day shot"
    Linda
    My Gear
    OK to re-edit and repost my shots on dps
    flickr

Comment

Congratulations

Congratulations to all the winners, my personal favourite being the stairwell for the surreality.
      Nikon D7000
      http://www.aaronpackphotography.com

Comment

Congrats to all...there were some incredible photos. I personally loved Annwen's pier. Here's to another year of great photographs.

Comment

Congratulations to all. Amazing & incredible shots. I'm always awed.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/66695083@N05/

Comment

This was a tough, tough week for the judges. So many great shots! Congratulations to all!

Comment

fabulous pictures everyone, well done to well deserved winners

Comment

Congrats

Congrats to all the winners!!! Wonderful Job.

Comment

Congratulations to the winners!Great picks! And congratulations to all people here posting many inspiring photos!

Comment

Congrats to the winners and well done to the losers. Lots of of very good entries!
                    Nikon D810, Nikon AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED, Nikon AF-S 16-35 f/4G ED, Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F/2.8G ED VRll, Nikon AF-S 105mm Micro f/2.8 if-ED, Nikon 300mm f/4eG PF VR IF ED, SB-600, SB-910, Nikon T14E and 17E teleconverters, Fujifilm XT-1, XF 50-140 F/2.8, XF18-135 F/3.5-5.6, XF56 F1.2, XF10-24 f4.0.
                    My flickr
                    My 500px store

Comment

Congratulations to all the winners. I really like Anwens pier at sunrise.
                      Andy Mac'sSites: blog flickr
                      My Gear

Comment

Congratulations to the winners. This was a great thread to flick through. Especially loved iamderecklarsen's Stairway.....could stare at that for hours as it ties my mind in knots!

Comment

I nearly fell out of my chair when I learned my portrait had been selected by the judges. I am humbled to have been recognized amongst so many great photos submitted this week. I am very appreciative of DPS for providing this forum which has helped me improve my photography as well as allowed me to make many new friends all around the world. Looking forward to 2013. Thanks & Cheers!

Comment

Congrats

I am so glad i wasnt a judge.
                            Loving all the photos and the inspiration it is giving me to try different shots.

Comment

Big congrats to all the winners; a great selection of deserving images. Happy New Year to one and all
                              Never enough time is my oft used excuse.

Visit me on Flickr
                              Blog of an Amateur Photographer
                              Link to Website

Comment

Working...
                              X