Mini Contest for weekly Assignments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rlthornhill View Post
    good grief i just looked at my exif info and i have a huge list, i compared to others and they have a short list, can i make mine shorter? i looked for an edit onthat page but didnt see anything

www.flickr.com/photos/rlthornhill/
    Don't worry about the extra - it doesn't hurt but just provides more information that is not normally required.

Wulf
    Wulf Forrester-Barker << Sites: blog / flickr >>
    Gear: Nikon D40, Nikon AFS 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6G, Nikon Series E 50mm f/1.8, Nikon AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6G, Vivitar 90mm f/2.5 macro, Raynox DCR-250, Lensbaby 2.0k, SB600

Comment

Dave that hurt my head... ...lol
      Cheers
      Leisa

Nikon D80 | Sigma 50-500mm EX DG HSM | Sigma APO 70-300 | Sigma 50mm macro | Nikon 50mm 1.8 | Nikkor 18-70mm | Lensbaby 2.0 | SB-800 Speedlight | Black Macbook C2D
      Little pixels from my world . Flickr

Comment

Ohhhh the humanity!!!!
        OK to re-edit and repost photo(s) only on DPS forums
        Proud user of a Fuji FP S3100, Nikon P90, a Canon T3i, and persistence.

Comment

By Jove! I think I've got it!!

I think I understand what's going on...officially the mini assignment: Beach, etc. will be announced sometime next week (in other words we have extra time to prepare in the next few days), we then have 7 days of planning-and then a further 7 days for shooting and prep.

We label our submitted image (and included exif data) with the tag eg. "Mini Assignment: Beaches" so that it may be easily searched for.
          Further shots are welcome for discussion but should be clearly marked and identified so as not to confuse entries and discussion photos (Judges, forum readers, passersby, grocery clerks, ehhmm etc.)

All images submitted should be new ones, taken for this assignment.

Wheeew.
          SueB
          Nova Scotia, Canada
          Nikon D200
          Visit my Flickr site @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/bilbobwn/

Comment

Originally posted by SueB View Post
            I think I understand what's going on...

Wheeew.

need a drink after that ??

i think i do ...lol took us nearly 2 weeks to work it out , trying to make it easy for Us mods, fair for members,,,
            Cheers
            Leisa

Nikon D80 | Sigma 50-500mm EX DG HSM | Sigma APO 70-300 | Sigma 50mm macro | Nikon 50mm 1.8 | Nikkor 18-70mm | Lensbaby 2.0 | SB-800 Speedlight | Black Macbook C2D
            Little pixels from my world . Flickr

Comment

Cool idea, I live near the beach
              Too bad that the weather is terrible this week

Are there any photoshop rules?

Here's the firefox exif extension bte:
              https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3905
              www.webfotoboek.nl

Comment

Originally posted by Mischa View Post
                Are there any photoshop rules?
                Good question.
                Cameras: Canon EOS 7D, Canon EOS 40D
                Lenses:
                Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro, Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM FLD, Tamron SP 500mm f/8 CF
                Digital Darkroom: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 and Adobe Photoshop CS5

OK to re-edit or re-post my photo(s) on DPS only ... Website ... Blog ... Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Teewinot View Post
                  Good question.
                  I've seen some other contests and there they have "minimal photoshop rules".
                  You can adjust brightness, contrast, curves or crop but cannot remove objects from your picture.
                  www.webfotoboek.nl

Comment

I don't think we have decided on that yet. For now, I think "be honest" is probably a reasonable guideline - don't try to pretend that you got your perfectly framed and exposed shot off the camera when you spent hours post-processing.

However, based on the idea that people will give full disclosure about what they did (helping others to learn) I don't think there is any reason to be shy about some post-processing. I've been reading some books by and about Ansel Adams recently and one thing that strikes me is how much time he spent building his darkroom skills to fine tune what he got from his camera into the image he wanted to present. If he was working today, I suspect that he would be doing more than "minimal photoshop" on most of his pictures!

Wulf
                    Gear: Nikon D40, Nikon AFS 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6G, Nikon Series E 50mm f/1.8, Nikon AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6G, Vivitar 90mm f/2.5 macro, Raynox DCR-250, Lensbaby 2.0k, SB600

Comment

Where and when do we have to post for this contest?
                      I've visited the beach two days ago and have some candidates for the contest
                      www.webfotoboek.nl

Comment

CAN NOT WAIT.... not even close to a beach, english summer, competition... This should be brilliant.. DigiDave - you just made me spurt coffee over my four keyboards!!... very amusing... I think I might try and "fabricate" a beach to shoot.... Love the "new photo" rule... gives me (like I need one) another excuse to wander off with my camera... brilliant.

Right, i'm making tea - who wants what?...
                        www | twitter | facebook

If you're looking for customer service, please use this link, thank you!

Comment

I'm pretty sure that you could shoot starting any time last Wednesday, and the assignment will be posted this Wednesday, hence the contest will also start this Wednesday. I sure hope I got that right lol
                          Nikon D600 | D90 | Sony NEX-3
                          Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikkor 70-300 | Lensbaby 2.0 | Nikkor 85 f/1.8D | Nikkor 105 f/2.8 VR | Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 | Nikkor 10.5 f/2.8 Fisheye | Sony 16 f/2.8 | Sony 18-55 | 2xSB600 | Orbis Ring Flash Adapter
                          My Flickr

Comment

Hi all
                            one more suggestion ...

In the contest thread, I saw we are posting both the pictures and the comments on the previous entries. How about we have two different threads for Entry Pictures and the Comments for a mini contest? I believe this will help anyone to easily identify the entry pictures and also post comments regarding the entries or the theme itself.

just my 2 cents

Comment

I think it would be too confusing to separate out entries and comments into separate threads (and you know people would put things in the wrong place!). It is easier to have them together and then use the search tool to pick out the entries (using the "assignment: beach" tag).

Wulf

Comment

Hi,
                                I am new to digital photography and if one of you could briefly explain about EXIF data please, and about the thread since I am living in Botswana, there is no beach and no summer at this time. Is it possible to plan for a more general topic where all can participate, if willing to?
                                Ajith
                                Canon EOS 400D XTi, Canon EFS 18-55 Canon EF 75-300

Comment

Working...
                                X