No announcement yet.

Mini Contest for weekly Assignments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL Well Im in Peru at the moment so I don't know where that puts me.

If you aren't going to lock the threads then might I suggest posting in the thread on the last day to state that "only submissions before this post are entered" or something similar to prevent any confusion after the event.

G
    My Flickr

Comment

Im not sure I get that...If you post a contest on a wednesday and on the next tuesday it must be in or the tuesday in two weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by jalenaaron View Post
        Im not sure I get that...If you post a contest on a wednesday and on the next tuesday it must be in or the tuesday in two weeks?
        To give a more concrete example. Say that the assignment is announced on the 1st. The assignment will open on the 8th, and the assignment will close on the 15th. So, this gives you 1 week to plan before the assignment actually starts. Hope that's clearer.
        Nikon D600 | D90 | Sony NEX-3
        Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikkor 70-300 | Lensbaby 2.0 | Nikkor 85 f/1.8D | Nikkor 105 f/2.8 VR | Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 | Nikkor 10.5 f/2.8 Fisheye | Sony 16 f/2.8 | Sony 18-55 | 2xSB600 | Orbis Ring Flash Adapter
        My Flickr

Comment

I like this idea! Sounds like fun! And I love the "new" photos rule, even though, right now, getting to the beach and taking photos means tons of people....I'll manage something
          Nikon D80, Nikkor 18-135 Kit Lens, Circular Polarizer Filter
          Konica Minolta Dimage Z6
          My Flickr My 360 My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Nicole View Post
            To give a more concrete example. Say that the assignment is announced on the 1st. The assignment will open on the 8th, and the assignment will close on the 15th. So, this gives you 1 week to plan before the assignment actually starts. Hope that's clearer.
            Just to be clearest....are we allowed to start shooting during the 'planning period' (this being relevant since EXIF data will be checked for the date the submitted photo was shot)? In this example, that would be from the 1st to the 8th... And so then in our current real life situation, would it mean we could begin shooting beach photos now...?
            Cameras: Canon EOS 7D, Canon EOS 40D
            Lenses:
            Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro, Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM FLD, Tamron SP 500mm f/8 CF
            Digital Darkroom: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 and Adobe Photoshop CS5

OK to re-edit or re-post my photo(s) on DPS only ... Website ... Blog ... Flickr

Comment

good question....I hadn't even thought of that

G
              My Flickr

Comment

you can being shooting as soon as i announce the next assignment
                Cheers
                Leisa

Nikon D80 | Sigma 50-500mm EX DG HSM | Sigma APO 70-300 | Sigma 50mm macro | Nikon 50mm 1.8 | Nikkor 18-70mm | Lensbaby 2.0 | SB-800 Speedlight | Black Macbook C2D
                Little pixels from my world . Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by NaturesPixel View Post
                  ok here is how it will work.. i will List the new assignment for the following week (2 weeks to get the shot/photo you want)
                  Since Leisa says "2 weeks to get the shot/photo you want" I think you can shoot both weeks, including the planning period.
                  Linda
                  My Gear
                  OK to re-edit and repost my shots on dps
                  flickr

Comment

Thanks...clear now!

Saralonde, I was trying to find the answer in Leisa's initial post, but I must have skimmed too fast.
                    Cameras: Canon EOS 7D, Canon EOS 40D
                    Lenses:
                    Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro, Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM FLD, Tamron SP 500mm f/8 CF
                    Digital Darkroom: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 and Adobe Photoshop CS5

OK to re-edit or re-post my photo(s) on DPS only ... Website ... Blog ... Flickr

Comment

this is going to be fun :-)

Now - how do I convince my wife to let me go to the beach in the middle of winter!
                      Founder of Digital Photography School.

Twitter - Facebook - Instagram

Comment

exif info

good grief i just looked at my exif info and i have a huge list, i compared to others and they have a short list, can i make mine shorter? i looked for an edit onthat page but didnt see anything

www.flickr.com/photos/rlthornhill/

Comment

Originally posted by Darren Rowse View Post
                          this is going to be fun :-)

Now - how do I convince my wife to let me go to the beach in the middle of winter!
                          That's what you get for living "Down Under"!!!
                          MY GEAR

Flickriver

I turned out to be the only hell my Momma ever raised.

Comment

Yeah but dont forget the shoe is on the other foot in 6 months.

G
                            My Flickr

Comment

So, On the 1st you'll tell what the subject will be for the 8th-14th, so we essentially will have 2 weeks to take a photo. But, on the 8th you will have to announce what the subject will be for the contest running from the 15th-21st. So, if a person utilizes the entire 2 weeks for the 1st contest(1st-14th) they will only have 1 week for the 2nd contest(15th-21st). But wait!!! On the 15th you will announce the 3rd contest to run on the 22nd-28th. Where do we fit that in again? Will I have 2 weeks or 1 week? Gas is expensive you know. So if the 1st contest is for the beach & the 2nd contest is for, let's say...... the mountains, & the 3rd contest is for, let's say...... the prairies!! How much overtime will I have to put in at work? Where will I find the time to take all these pics?!! While we're at it, If a train leaves New York at let's say.... 3:00pm going 50 mph & a train leaves Chicago at let's say.... Ah heck!!!!! Never mind!!!

JUST KIDDING!!!!! I'm looking forward to it. I'm already making plans for this weekend & this Photo contest. See ya in a week, no 2 weeks, no 1 week, no 2 weeks. HEEEEEELLLLPPPP!!!
                              MY GEAR

Flickriver

I turned out to be the only hell my Momma ever raised.

Comment

Originally posted by Digidave View Post
                                So if the 1st contest is for the beach & the 2nd contest is for, let's say...... the mountains, & the 3rd contest is for, let's say...... the prairies!! How much overtime will I have to put in at work? Where will I find the time to take all these pics?!! While we're at it, If a train leaves New York at let's say.... 3:00pm going 50 mph & a train leaves Chicago at let's say.... Ah heck!!!!! Never mind!!!
                                Well, now, you see... I don't have to take more than a few hours to see all that I mean, after all, the mountains are only 40 minutes away in a car, the beach is a 20 minute walk, and I'm sure that somewhere in between is a prairie lol Ok, I guess you don't have that luxury in WI
                                Nikon D600 | D90 | Sony NEX-3
                                Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikkor 70-300 | Lensbaby 2.0 | Nikkor 85 f/1.8D | Nikkor 105 f/2.8 VR | Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 | Nikkor 10.5 f/2.8 Fisheye | Sony 16 f/2.8 | Sony 18-55 | 2xSB600 | Orbis Ring Flash Adapter
                                My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X