If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
No announcement yet.
How to Post Pictures in Assignment Threads Using Flickr
To post a picture in in comments follow these instructions:
1. you need to be a member of flickr. You can sign up at the top of each flickr page. Flickr is a photo sharing site that lets you upload your shots and then share them.
2. upload the photo you want to share with us to your flickr account.
3. go to the photo's page - click on the 'all sizes' tab.
4. Choose the 'small' or 'medium' tab (if you choose the large one it makes the page too slow to load for some of our DPS readers who are on slower connections and it won't fit into our design as well).
5. Under your picture you'll see it says 'Copy and paste this HTML into your webpage' - copy the text in the box under this.
6. Paste that text into the 'reply' box in the assignment thread that you wish to participate in. Feel free to add some words about the image.
7. Press 'post preview' to check it worked and then 'submit reply' to post it live to the forum.
New to the forum. Reading this message, I wondered if Flickr is required for posting "assignments" or just recommended? I have a gallery elsewhere that is paid for (no ads!) and has plenty of room, and frankly, I'd rather not use Flickr if for no other reason than it's one less thing to keep track of ...