No announcement yet.

The Complete List of Assignments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The current assignment is a sticky at the top of the thread. If you read the rules in the first post of any assignment, it will tell you where to go to find the winners of the contest.

All other assignments, including the two you mentioned, are now in the Archived Assignments sub-forum which is located at the top of the Assignments forum section.
    Linda
    My Gear
    OK to re-edit and repost my shots on dps
    flickr

Comment

Photoshop

Originally posted by Nicole View Post
      A complete list of assignments starting from the most recent:See this post further down for more previous assignments
      And more in this post.
      wish i had found your site years ago when i needed my skills honed on photoshp.

Comment

Originally posted by JayBerg View Post
        Having a hard time finding the winners of the weekly assignments and I can't find the unusual view and the zoom assignments.
        The Unusual Perspectives assignment and its winners are nowhere to be found as far as I can tell. I submitted a request and was told by Simon Pollock that the winners post from that assignment went missing "due to some changes on the server," also that it was "gone" and if it could be restored from backup, it would be. Who knows where the actual assignment thread is. Pretty disappointing for me and the other two people who received mentions as the winners of that one.
        'I'd very much like to create my own style as a photographer, even if it's just for myself.'
        - Graeme Le Saux

Comment

Originally posted by davo2407 View Post
          wish i had found your site years ago when i needed my skills honed on photoshp.
          No kidding eh? Definitely bookmarking this!

Comment

Originally posted by lisapenzone View Post
            The Unusual Perspectives assignment and its winners are nowhere to be found as far as I can tell. I submitted a request and was told by Simon Pollock that the winners post from that assignment went missing "due to some changes on the server," also that it was "gone" and if it could be restored from backup, it would be. Who knows where the actual assignment thread is. Pretty disappointing for me and the other two people who received mentions as the winners of that one.
            That was the first contest I entered, and was pretty discouraged when the winners were never posted. I've entered three times since then, and am still waiting for the winners of the last two to be announced: "It's the Holiday Season" and "Best of the Year - 2011". I was excited when I first heard about the weekly photo assignments, but now it almost seems pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by ruddog View Post
              That was the first contest I entered, and was pretty discouraged when the winners were never posted. I've entered three times since then, and am still waiting for the winners of the last two to be announced: "It's the Holiday Season" and "Best of the Year - 2011". I was excited when I first heard about the weekly photo assignments, but now it almost seems pointless.
              Pointless? Well, the whole idea behind the weekly assignments is to get people out shooting beyond their comfort zone. The idea of actually being a "winner" of something while doing it is nice, but if that's your only goal then you will certainly be disappointed quite a bit.

I can't speak for the moderators but this is a very busy time of the year. I would encourage everyone to just keep playing along each week. I'm certain it will all be worked out in the long run.
              MY GEAR

Flickriver

I turned out to be the only hell my Momma ever raised.

Comment

Yeah, I'd like to see the winners from the recent assignments. But am I going to stop taking photographs because of a backlog? Not on your life. I'm not in this to win anything, I'm in it to improve my skills (however slight they may be at the moment) and to get tips and feedback from some really talented folks. I'm glad I found this site!
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/66695083@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by ruddog View Post
                  Best of: Best of 2011: Weekly Photography Challenge
                  Luke.
                  500px
                  facebook
                  flickr

Comment

"Winning" isn't my short-term goal, or even something I expect to do, but it is something to shoot for. Right now, I'm just trying to take better photographs. One way to do that is to learn from people who are better than you. It also helps to have someone challenge you to do something that you would not think to do yourself. That's why I started doing the weekly photo assignments here. And if it was just that -- an assignment -- my attitude would be different. But it is presented as a contest, which is why I am annoyed when winners aren't announced.

I appreciate that this is a busy time for people, and I wasn't going to say anything, but I kept seeing this site actively updated with long, well-thought-out articles (which are great by the way) being posted daily, so I agreed with someone with a similar complaint about the contest being neglected and unorganized. When I said "it almost seems pointless", I was referring doing the assignments on this site, versus using any other photo site out there. I'm not going to stop taking photographs. And if there's anything I can do to help out the site, I'd be more than glad to.

Comment

Hi Newbie to the forums and kinda newbie to the photography world again.....
                      I studied photographybacki at college so have a brief understanding but have only rencently got a DSLR....

I have noted down all the topics from the first page and going to have a go at shooting them all just to get back into the swing of things.... Hopefully i do well

here are a few that i quickly uploaded to my Flickr account nowt to do with anything from on here though http://www.flickr.com/photos/71989488@N08/
                      Last edited by stealthy1983; 02-28-2012, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Oooh fun! I'm a newb here, but I'm so getting started on these! FUN!
                        Last edited by AmazingGrace0385; 03-21-2012, 09:08 PM.
                        Canon Rebel t1i, Tamron 17-50mm f2.8, Canon 50mm f1.8, Tamron 70-200mm f2.8, Nissin df622 Mark II External Flash
                        My Photography

My Business
                        My Equipment List

Comment

autumn leaves

Taken with Canon G11 Taken 22/4/2012 Mt Lofty Botannic Park
                          ISO 320
                          Exp 1/640
                          f 2.8
                          No flash

Comment

I am going to have to do this! Thank you so much!

Comment

This is beyond helpful. Much appreciated, thank you.

Comment

Hi,
                                I am Craig I am new user to this forum ..Please help me about the assignments & give some more information about digital photography...

Thanks..
                                Craig...

Comment

Working...
                                X