This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas

Here are some ideas-hopefully some of them are useful. Forgive me if they sound cheesy, becuase this is my first time providing ideas for weekly challenges.

1: Pain
    2: Water
    3: Landscape
    4: Black and White
    5: Plants
    6: Children
    7: Weather
    8: Certain Item (ex: shoes, hands, etc.)
    9: Lamp (street or house)
    Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph." Matt Hardy

Comment

• inspired by my dad taking away my camera, i suggest a project of using only a disposable camera, to focus on composition.
      I'll probably end up doing this anyways for the next several weeks.
      Adi
      Flickr
      Photobucket
      Canon T1i | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 430 EX II | Bronica SQ-A | Bronica SQ 80mm f/2.8

Comment

• Originally posted by ElCapitanoAwesomo View Post
        inspired by my dad taking away my camera, i suggest a project of using only a disposable camera, to focus on composition.
        I'll probably end up doing this anyways for the next several weeks.
        Hopefully, Dad won't take away your computer privileges too!
        How about shots that are so close, we have to work out what the object may be?

Comment

• OOoo...I like this one...just saw the movie Soul Surfer and they had something like that in there as a religious lesson...(ie., sometimes you can't see your "problem" cause you're too close)...but she used close-up photography to illustrate that point...
          "Everyone is entitled to Miracles".

Peace!

Sue

Comment

• Reflections

How about an interpretation of "Reflections"...doesn't have to be the cliched Fall leaves scene reflected on water...can be anything you interpret as a "Reflection"...
            "Everyone is entitled to Miracles".

Peace!

Sue

Comment

• Originally posted by Mom2EandD View Post
              How about an interpretation of "Reflections"...doesn't have to be the cliched Fall leaves scene reflected on water...can be anything you interpret as a "Reflection"...
              good post, I agree with your comment because "Reflections" has many meanings.
              "Welcome In My World"

Comment

• this could have been said in the past but i didnt have a lot of time to go through each thread. but i was thinking maybe an underwater or nautical theme? something relative to the ocean, snorkeling, skuba, sail boats etc?

Comment

• Themes

I think a "moods" theme would be a good one... There are many "moods" and many creative ways to catch them!

Comment

• themes

How about :

Pet Perspectives or Transformations

Comment

• I am not if these were covered earlier, but how about assignments on photography techniques than assignments on themes. For example:

1. zoom burst
                      2. motion blur photography (mostly to depict motion in stills)
                      3. Panning
                      4. Light painting
                      5. high speed photography

Comment

• Assignment Ideas

There have been so many good topics listed so far. I am trying to get more involved with my photography so I was trying to think of things I want to try or need ideas for...
                        - Pet photography
                        - Hobbies (sport, art, whatever it is)
                        - Weddings (whether you are a wedding photographer or just a guest so fun and interesting shots you can capture)
                        - Playgrounds
                        - Timeless
                        - Habits
                        - Maternity
                        - Farms
                        - Luck
                        - Dancing
                        - Pay it Forward
                        - Humanity
                        - Humility

I would like to get better with select color so maybe an assignment on that.

Anything posted is a challenge for me and although I don't always post a picture I always try and capture a photo that could be submitted as an entry. This is a great place to learn and there are a lot of very talented people on this site.

Comment

• Assingnment Ideas

A source of insperation for me is going to the bookstore or music store and looking at the cover photography I think it would be cool to see what we all would come up with for our own fictional book or album cover.

Comment

• How about Clouds? They come in so many different sizes and shapes and are always moving. They are always fun to photograph!
                            a passionate procrastinator with a Nikon D70 and no motivation
                            my Flickr

Comment

• This thread has become a bit unwieldy. Lots of repeat ideas because there are far too many pages to look through. So I will close this thread temporarily.
                              Linda
                              My Gear
                              OK to re-edit and repost my shots on dps
                              flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X