This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food

Seeing the posts of candy and cookies on the 1000 members thread made me think we should have a food assignment.
    Canon 40D, Canon 400D, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, Canon EF 24-70 f2.8L, Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS, Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS, Speedlites and studio gear.

flickr

Comment

No frills, b/w for a day

To distill everything down to a pure record of what the eye sees, a thread showing only black and white photos taken with the under-$10 disposable-type camera, no flash, no retouch of any sort, take as many as needed to get one or two you really like and are willing to share. Back to basics
      OK to re-edit and repost photo(s) only on DPS forums
      Proud user of a Fuji FP S3100, Nikon P90, a Canon T3i, and persistence.

Comment

Maybe one like recreating a scene out of a movie?
        Just a thought =)
        Check out my Flickr please!

Comment

I know one place i love to photograph is Golf courses. They have heaps of variety. You can take power/sport shots, close ups of balls greens, landscapes. And my favourite of all, is that magic hour near sunset, where all the fairways and green's seem to come alive and just glisten and shimmer...

Especially with people being all over the world, they will all capture diferent types of golf courses all over the world. So How about a Golf courses assingment?

Comment

A few inches of the ground

I wrote an e book How to take Great Photo Adventures in your Own Back Yard" and one of the self assignments that I gave my self was a few inches of the ground. I took a lot of mushroom pictures that were great. I have a Kodak Point and shoot and it was interesting at least to get down low. But it was worth the backaches, logistical manuevering to get the photos I wanted. Go to Flickr and see Photogirl17 pictures and you will see how I used the Macro to get the closeups.

Comment

I suggest we have a closeup assignment, so thatw e can practise and improve our control of high aperture and focussing withing a few centimeters, thats tough
              Canon Rebel XSi + 17- 55 f3.6-45 + 100mm f2.8
              Canon A-1 (Old timer)

Comment

Originally posted by mikeboy View Post
                I suggest we have a closeup assignment, so thatw e can practise and improve our control of high aperture and focussing withing a few centimeters, thats tough
                Mikeboy: You can try the Macro / Shallow DoF assignment we had earlier which gives you the option of posting either a macro/close up (if you have it) or something with a really shallow DoF. Just to clarify, are you looking for something similar but with a high DoF where everything is in focus?
                Nikon D600 | D90 | Sony NEX-3
                Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikkor 70-300 | Lensbaby 2.0 | Nikkor 85 f/1.8D | Nikkor 105 f/2.8 VR | Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 | Nikkor 10.5 f/2.8 Fisheye | Sony 16 f/2.8 | Sony 18-55 | 2xSB600 | Orbis Ring Flash Adapter
                My Flickr

Comment

• Human form: a shot where you can tell it's a person, but you can't tell who they are. Like a silhouette, or someone shot through a frosted glass window, etc. Alternatively you could do masked identity, where the subject is hiding their face, or literally masked.
                  • Environmental Portrait
                  • Hands: Just hands doing things. Like art, working, childrens hands, elderly hands.
                  • Light: shadow is an obvious one, but one where light is the main subject is a little more interesting. The sun, reflections, light tables, traffic trails, window light, diffused light.
                  • Reciprocity: night or low-light shots
                  • Studio images: it would be interesting to see others make studio style shots of people or still life.
                  • Transparent subjects: glass, water, plastic.
                  • Texture
                  • Motion blur
                  Nikon N75 / Nikon D40
                  flickr

Comment

New to DPS. How can I find out the current assignments? (present date: 2-4-07) And how to submit any?
                    Thx

Comment

Fogsister,

Under yellow 'sticky' you clicked to get here, it says "Latest Assignment - Urban Decay" Click that. Description, rules if any are there.
                      OK to re-edit and repost photo(s) only on DPS forums
                      Proud user of a Fuji FP S3100, Nikon P90, a Canon T3i, and persistence.

Comment

graffiti / urban art

from the last 'urban decay' asignment, there seems to be a fair amount of interest indoing a graffiti assignment
                        Stock Photos Make Money
                        crispyking.co.nz
                        Flick It

Comment

Something that hasnt been mentioned on here much at all...how about doing a Panoramic assingment. I mean, most people have photoshop or similar. and most of those programs offer a photo stiching tools. So it could be a good oportunity to get more people into doing panoramics of any kind.

Comment

Hmmmm

Poverty
                            Technology
                            Interesting
                            Cautious
                            Boring
                            ----------------------------------------------------
                            flickr

Comment

Was just thinking, what about something to go along with valentines day? Maybe base it on love, etc.
                              D50 / 50mm nikkor / 28-80mm nikkor / 70-300mm Quantaray

Comment

not sure whether or not somebody's already mentioned it, but what about a "stuck at home" theme? Some of the most interesting shots are of the most mundane things that lie around the house and never get any attention...
                                blog :: 28studios.com :: flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X