This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday Lights

How about a holiday lights assignment. Could be a little challenging.
    Canon 40D, Canon 400D, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, Canon EF 24-70 f2.8L, Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS, Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS, Speedlites and studio gear.

flickr

Comment

Darren, may be you'd assign us to apply the new rules or lessons you post, either in the forum or on your blog..
      it would sound intresting if we learnt thru applying, trial and error technique, all together..
      what you think?
      My Blog: On My Own
      My pictures on: Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Lastoadri View Post
        Darren, may be you'd assign us to apply the new rules or lessons you post, either in the forum or on your blog..
        it would sound intresting if we learnt thru applying, trial and error technique, all together..
        what you think?
        This does seem to be happening, the Mono, with a Touch of Colour thread was opened in relation to the blog post the other day on the same subject
        Nikon D600 | D90 | Sony NEX-3
        Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikkor 70-300 | Lensbaby 2.0 | Nikkor 85 f/1.8D | Nikkor 105 f/2.8 VR | Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 | Nikkor 10.5 f/2.8 Fisheye | Sony 16 f/2.8 | Sony 18-55 | 2xSB600 | Orbis Ring Flash Adapter
        My Flickr

Comment

Assignments

-The long and the short of it
          -winter colors
          Mike

If you're just surviving, failure is not far behind. - Sharon Wood (first woman from North America to summit Mt Everest)

Comment

assingnments

you can do:
            Kids
            mirrors
            camera manufacturer related
            zoom
            and why didn't you do close-ups or macros?

Comment

I really like the song idea. So many different photos could be seen.
              Carla Finley

Comment

Nice ideas people! How about we bring over the 'panning' assignment to the forum? I liked that one And I took a beauty this Christmas holidays
                Flickr Photos : www.leight.com.au : MySpace
                My Gear: Nikon D80, Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 VR, Nikon SB-600
                Rapid Concept Designs

Comment

panning as in racing shots eh...
                  i love to learn and try that
                  Low Gears: Nikon D40 with Nikkor Lens 18-55 and 70-300

My Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/ampin
                  My Zooomr: beta.zooomr.com/photos/ampin

Comment

How about an "around the house" assignment, giving people a chance to look at everyday items in their own homes from new angles and also getting some practice of macro photography?
                    My flickr stream | My blog

Comment

I'd like to suggest a "Unexplainable" assignment. Those pictures that really speak to the photographer even though they are out of focus, breaks all the rules, and just generally don't "jive" but they are amoung the photographer's favorites.
                      Will
                      Pentax K10D w/ D-BG2 grip, Pentax *ist DL, Pentax 18-55mm f3.5-5.6, Sigma 28-80mm f3.5-5.6 DL Macro, Pentax-M 50mm f1.7, Sigma 135-400mm f4.5-5.6 APO
                      My flickr

Please do not edit/manipulate my photos without my permission.

Comment

Like to see an assignment on interesting signs.

Comment

"My hometown," those shots that define our hometowns. Given the global nature of this forum, I think it'd be very interesting to see everyone's take on their hometown.
                          Will
                          Pentax K10D w/ D-BG2 grip, Pentax *ist DL, Pentax 18-55mm f3.5-5.6, Sigma 28-80mm f3.5-5.6 DL Macro, Pentax-M 50mm f1.7, Sigma 135-400mm f4.5-5.6 APO
                          My flickr

Please do not edit/manipulate my photos without my permission.

Comment

Hello all!!

Here´s an idea, i don´t know if it´s been already done or not...

I was thinking we can photograph the same object, let´s say a pencil, a telephone, a water bottle,... whatever.

I think it would be funny to see very different photographs of the same thing and at the time see how each person has made it its way!

Theres only one life

my photoblog: adalove photo rain
                            my flickr: adalove flickr

Comment

Originally posted by adalove View Post
                              Hello all!!

Here´s an idea, i don´t know if it´s been already done or not...

I was thinking we can photograph the same object, let´s say a pencil, a telephone, a water bottle,... whatever.

I think it would be funny to see very different photographs of the same thing and at the time see how each person has made it its way!

I think this is a great idea. Telephones, cars, street signs, bathrooms, parks, all sorts of things. I'd like to do this one.

Comment

Shapes

How about shapes, like circles, triangles, rectangles etc.? In my photography class today the instructor showed us some slides of shapes he had photographed. Some were man-made items, others were more natural.
                                The idea was to learn to see shapes in places you'd never thought of looking for them before.

He then sent us outside for 20 minutes to look for specific shapes around the campus. Here's an example of what I did for triangles (not good quality, just an example). How many triangles do you see?

Picnic Table:
                                http://www.flickr.com/photos/pnwguy/356488969/

Triangles from Picnic Table
                                http://www.flickr.com/photos/pnwguy/356488923/
                                Canon 40D, Canon 400D, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, Canon EF 24-70 f2.8L, Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS, Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS, Speedlites and studio gear.

flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X