No announcement yet.

Keeping EXIF data for assignments....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can we do editing on the assignment photo?
    or we only able to post the original one?

and how do I get the EXIF data if I took the photo using iphone?
    Last edited by budse; 11-14-2011, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Cool thanks for the info. I have been writing the Exif data out in each post. So I can just link to the flicker photo and then then the judges can look up the info? Or do we just need to copy and paste the info?

I have been using the BB code, (For Bulletin Boards.) But the HTML code is better?
      Last edited by Michelleltn; 12-27-2011, 11:16 PM.
      Feeback welcome, tips appreciated.
      Software-Lightroom 5
      Canon Powershot sx100IS, Canon EOS T2i, Iphone 6
      My Blog
      My Flicker

Comment

Showing more EXIF data

Hi complete newb here so go gentle with me
        I have uploaded a photo to Flickr but it is only showing the date and camera type...how can I get the shutter/apature/ISO info showing as well. I have checked with Opanda and its all there on the image.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Comment

Click "Actions" and then "View Exif Info". If this is where you are going and you are not seeing it, then you are uploading your photos without it.
          Lori Putman flickr
          ~No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys
          ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
          7D | 300L f/4 IS | 70-200L f/2.8 IS II | 135L | 35L | 100/2.0 | 50/1.4
          430 EX, 580 EX II Speedlites

Comment

Originally posted by xxpinballxx View Post
            I know this may be common sense for alot of us but there are often images up for the assignments and have no EXIF data.
            I thought I'd share a quick tip for retaining it and its as simple as any tip out there.
            When you download your image and do any type of post work in an editing program alot of the time you will wind up stripping the EXIF out of the file when you save it. The way to do it and retain it is to be sure to always slick Save as.... instead of just the save option.
            This may not work for all apps but it does for most so some of you that have not been considered due to no data you might want to check and see how you are saving the file.
            Hope it helps some of you out......
            When I look for Exif its shows me a number,I thought thats was like the gprs or something,like wher i recived this Camera.etc...

FERDIGOLD light is the begining of all creation,we could not exist without.

Comment

testing

testing to see if the screen capture from LR3 is working.
              Canon 30D & T1i
              Latest favorite lens: 17-40mm f/4
              Other hobbies: Kayak Fishing/Diving in Sonoma Coast
              Flickr

Comment

EXIF Data

Thank you so much for the information - was wondering why I was unable to locate the EXIF Data information on some photo's. Found this helpful!

Comment

I dont know if this is any help to anyone, but after a few weeks of using PSE9, I found I was loosing my exif data when using the resize for web option. (rubbish internet connection here) but if I upload the original size it keeps the exif data for flickr no matter how much playing around in PSE i've done..
                  Canon EOS 7D & Canon G12 Powershot 6.1-30.5mm
                  Lenses: EF 50mm, EF-S 17-55mm, EF 70-200mm, EF 100mm f2.8 Macro
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/sachas_snaps/
                  http://www.facebook.com/MomentsBySacha
                  http://www.momentsbysacha.com

Comment

question

I aske a questin about say february this year.exif.I sse a # is thats all you need or what?.at bottom of pic, in blue.have a great week all,

FERDIGOLD light is the begining of all creation,we could not exist without.

Comment

Originally posted by ferdigold View Post
                      I aske a questin about say february this year.exif.I sse a # is thats all you need or what?.at bottom of pic, in blue.have a great week all,
                      The EXIF data should look something like this:

Exposure 0.001 sec (1/800)
                      Aperture f/5.6
                      Focal Length 250 mm
                      ISO Speed 200
                      Date taken: August 7, 2012

Of course this is an example, your numbers will be different.
                      Linda
                      My Gear
                      OK to re-edit and repost my shots on dps
                      flickr

Comment

I'm also new - exif files

I have a Fuji Finepix HS20EXR camera. I looked through the manual but can"t see where to find the exif info, it certainly has this option. I downloaded file to read this information, found it, even managed to edit the info, but what happens next?
                        I would like to join in on some of these assignments, but am a bit scared of making a fool of myself and think there may be others that feel the same way.
                        Regards,
                        Jenni, Portland Vic

Comment

this doesnt work when you add borders in CS5..as the new document becomes the main file, and the image just becomes a layer. When i posted my image in the assigments section, i just jotted down explaining why its not attached and if the moderator wants the info, i can send original image that has not been PE that will contain the exif data. Can this be acceptable? if not, do we have to upload two images?
                          http://jessemartinez.zenfolio.com

https://www.facebook.com/j.martinezphotog

Comment

Originally posted by jenicbell View Post
                            I have a Fuji Finepix HS20EXR camera. I looked through the manual but can"t see where to find the exif info, it certainly has this option. I downloaded file to read this information, found it, even managed to edit the info, but what happens next?
                            I would like to join in on some of these assignments, but am a bit scared of making a fool of myself and think there may be others that feel the same way.
                            Regards,
                            Jenni, Portland Vic
                            when you download your image to your computer, right click on the image and select "Properties" then select "Details" (top tabs) there you can scroll down and it should contain all the info for that particular image.

On a side note to anybody wanting to know the integrity of the "Exif Data" such data can be edited..as you can clear the personal information on the image, you can change the focal length and ISO and so on...So to say this is a must and rule out anybody that doesnt provide the info is still flawed, as this info can still be altered to a point.
                            http://jessemartinez.zenfolio.com

https://www.facebook.com/j.martinezphotog

Comment

Thank you for the reply, I will have a look - Jenni

Comment

Thanks for that. Another question, I entered the 50mm indoors, and manually typed in the camera info I thought was needed. Is anyone able to tell me if the Exif data file was intact with the photo? There is so much to learn - thank in advance. Jenni

Comment

Working...
                                X