dPS - Win A Lens Competition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dPS - Win A Lens Competition

Just a hypothetical, but who would be up for a competition where there was a $5.00 entry fee (for up to five photos) and the prize was a camera gear voucher and a blog post on our front page?

Image by Skpy
    www | twitter | facebook

If you're looking for customer service, please use this link, thank you!

Maybe if the process wasn't as drawn out and 'complicated' as the last big DPS competition...

in theory though, yes.
    Website ... Blog ... Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Niresangwa View Post
      Maybe if the process wasn't as drawn out and 'complicated' as the last big DPS competition...

in theory though, yes.
      Apologies.... my bad for trying (the first time) to run a competition where you guys potentially won something.... Sorry it took me ages to run and organise... not to mention getting sponsors and judges...

Silly me....

;-)
      www | twitter | facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Sime View Post
        Apologies.... my bad for trying (the first time) to run a competition where you guys potentially won something.... Sorry it took me ages to run and organise... not to mention getting sponsors and judges...

Silly me....

;-)
        c'mon, you know I didn't mean it like that.

sigh.

Comment

c'mon, you know I didn't mean it like that.

sigh.
          you know I didn't, either ;-)
          www | twitter | facebook

Comment

Silly me....

;-)
            you know I didn't, either ;-)
            In that case, I accept the above apologies

Comment

In that case, I accept the above apologies
              It would be five dollars, public vote, no mess no fuss...
              www | twitter | facebook

Comment

It would be five dollars, public vote, no mess no fuss...
                Excellent.

I think the simpler the better... and of course greater chance of revenue generation.

Comment

I guess I'd be in as long as the theme interested me enough to get off my lazy ass.

EDIT: I hope our method would be super easy, something like PayPal?

Comment

i always find the best way to transfer money is through a personal nigiran prince, very fast and safe, unfortunatly they are a little slow and giving the money back but very trustworthy, mine assures me so

as for the compatition would this be open to uk people?
                    click here

Comment

That would be cool, but, seeing as how you are in Australia would we have to post our pictures upside down for you to view them? The science of this troubles me, for example if the prize comes from Australia and the winner is from the northern hemisphere, would the lens or other equipment work on cameras that are oriented right side up, for up here of course, I know that what is upside down for us is rightside up for you guys. On another note how do you guys keep the blood from rushing to your heads down there, or perhaps that is what causes the funny accent.

ed
                      You guys are all great photographers in my book ! , although my book has not been written yet ...

Comment

I would do it as long as it involves hot girls who are really flexible on white seamless while wearing a lucha mask. Or if the entry fee isn't much over $5.00
                        Luke.
                        500px
                        facebook
                        flickr

Comment

Originally posted by RLucas View Post
                          I would do it as long as it involves hot girls who are really flexible on white seamless while wearing a lucha mask. Or if the entry fee isn't much over $5.00
                          for 6 bucks, you might get hot tattooed girls!, a lucha mask is that was fuzzball wears?
                          Nikon D7000:18-105mm VR Kit, Nikkor 35-70mm 2.8AF, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8d AF, Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 AF, SB600
                          Web Design of Palm Beach
                          Photo Blog
                          Become a Fan on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by BuddhaPi View Post
                            for 6 bucks, you might get hot tattooed girls!, a lucha mask is that was fuzzball wears?
                            Hell, I would pay $20 for tattooed girls! They are my weakness!
                            Luke.
                            500px
                            facebook
                            flickr

Comment

These things always turn into popularity/charity contests where whoever can get the most friends to make accounts and vote, wins. Can we make the voting only eligible for those who are real members of the site? For instance, you must have 10 forum comments and have shared 1 images or some sort of deal. I just hate to see photography contests where the images are not judged on their photographic merits.
                              My Portfolio | My 500px | My Photo Blog | My Picasa Albums
                              K-5, Q, K20D, Pentax DA 15mm f/4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, DA 55-300mm, DA 18-55mm WR, Vivitar Auto-Extension Tubes, Metz 50 af-1, Yongnuo YN-560ii, Cactus v5

Comment

Working...
                              X