How do I Photoshop newborns?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I Photoshop newborns?

I just took my aunts two month old baby pictures,(I am very amiture) we didn't have very good lighting and the well the babys skin is blotchy. I am just wondering what the best way to photoshop the baby would be?

I'm not the best at editing, so maybe someone else has a good idea.
    Baby skin is often blotchy. Try changing some into b&w. Perhaps a little gaussian blur can help smooth things out. You can also try this free action from Rita at Coffeeshop Actions called "Powder Room".
    Next time you shoot, check out these tips.
    Linda
    My Gear
    OK to re-edit and repost my shots on dps
    flickr

Comment

Sara - what a GREAT site! I've booked marked it and printed a hard copy - in case my puter crashes...
      Pat
      5D, 5DMKIII | lenses 50 1.2, 35 1.4, 17-40 f/4, 70-200 2.8 II, 15mm - MY WEBSITE Fan me on Facebook!
      You don't have to be the best, you just have to be better than last week" - Jerry Ghionis

Comment

Originally posted by private View Post
        Sara - what a GREAT site! I've booked marked it and printed a hard copy - in case my puter crashes...
        I second that (except for the hard copy part - didn't do that yet). Thanks for posting this!
        Susan
        Mostly Canon stuff
        My Flickr
        Facebook - new photos always posted and always happy for new "likes"!
        Website going through an overhaul!

Comment

If you are looking for more free actions that are similar, check out Pioneer Woman.
          Linda
          My Gear
          OK to re-edit and repost my shots on dps
          flickr

Comment

Thank you so much for all of your input I will try it out asap. And wow that link/download should speed things up a bit can't wait to try it. Thanks again

Comment

Post am image and some might be able to give advice. I will if I can.
              Canon DSLR User
              Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22338756@N03/

Comment

Picture of the baby

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3636055...hoto3354286713

Here is the picture I don't know if I did it becuase this is my first go at this. So let me know if you if you can'r see it.

Comment

Hi SHrinnk,
                  I hope you don't mind me having a play with you picture, but here's my version of post processing:

baby copy2

Here's what I did:
                  1. adjusted levels to get black background
                  2. reduced saturation to reduce blotchiness
                  3. eye pop to bring out eye and correct red eyes
                  4. blurr to reduce blotchiness and give a soft look
                  5. cropped for composition

please tell me if it's not O.K to post this and I will remove it. HTH

Comment

What a cute shot. Nothing blotchy about her skin, that is natural.

Kit has already shown you how you can crop the image. I haven't done that to mine but should have. I finished and saved my edits before doing so.

Also I prefer the fabric background as it has texture, whereas kit has blackened the background.

To soften things up I took a copy of your image, created a new layer from the image.
                    With the layer I added a Gaussian Blur of 2.4 to soften the image.
                    Reduced the fill on that layer to 50%. This leaves a nice soft skin tone.
                    Using the History Brush Tool I took away the top layer for the eyes, mouth, and bracelet to make them sharp. (did a real rough job, you can get the idea though).

baby 6

The second version I converted the layer to Black and White with the same steps as above. Some people prefer the paler look. I do.

baby 6_2

And for something completely different. I inversed the image then using photoshops filter gallery-Film Grain to add some grain and increase highlight area.....

baby 6_2_a_2

Only idea's all can be improved on, it is just a matter of experiment until you have something you are happy with. Then if you want praise or even critique repost and get advice.
                    Canon DSLR User
                    Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22338756@N03/

Comment

Wow that is amazing, you did such a good job, thank you so much. I can't wait to try it.

Comment

Working...
                      X