Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are matted prints ?

Hi All,

I would like to know in detail about "Matted Prints". What are matted prints and how they are done ? Please share you info.

Thanks.
    With Nikon D800, D700, D90, some fast prime lenses and some strobes. http://www.navdeepsoni.com

photofixation,

Maybe this is a new term for something post-process related, but if not, it's a way to present a photo on a firm backing, held in front by a matboard with a cutout slightly smaller than dimensions of photo. It displays a photo simply, neatly and protects it from being damaged through excessive handling. Visit your local frame shop.
    OK to re-edit and repost photo(s) only on DPS forums
    Proud user of a Fuji FP S3100, Nikon P90, a Canon T3i, and persistence.

Comment

Thanks Jim,

Does the prints are differently processed from the normal prints ( apart from framing ) ?

@Mods : If this is not the right place to post the query, please move it to appropriate section.
      With Nikon D800, D700, D90, some fast prime lenses and some strobes. http://www.navdeepsoni.com

Comment

photofixation,

Assuming you are asking about an order from a photo-printing establishment, where they list additional services like matting: no, same print, different package. You can take a matted print, stick it in a frame and smile about how easy it is to have someone else cut, mount, tape a photo. A good thing about mats: they provide distance between your photo's surface and the glass in the frame, so there's no danger of the photo sticking to it, ruining it.

Comment

Originally posted by jiminyClickit View Post
          no, same print, different package.
          Thanks ..
          This is what I am trying to confirm

Comment

are you talking abt matted prints like jimmy explained or Matte Prints??
            Cheers
            Leisa

Nikon D80 | Sigma 50-500mm EX DG HSM | Sigma APO 70-300 | Sigma 50mm macro | Nikon 50mm 1.8 | Nikkor 18-70mm | Lensbaby 2.0 | SB-800 Speedlight | Black Macbook C2D
            Little pixels from my world . Flickr

Comment

NaturesPixel,

. . . and they say spelling doesn't matter!

Comment

Originally posted by jiminyClickit View Post
                NaturesPixel,

. . . and they say spelling doesn't matter!
                I googled both "Matte Prints" as well as "Matted Prints". I got responses from both. Is there any difference ..

Comment

well ok.. see as far as i know... when most people talk about Matte they are talking about the finish.. i personally prefer Matte over gloss i hate the shine...lol so the printing process is basically the same.. its the paper they print on.. one is all nice and shinny/glossy and one is matte/low shine

when i print at home i buy Matte paper.. or if for some reason i have a roll of film i also request Matte ...

but if ya talking abt what Jimmy explained then... what i just said here dont really matter...lol and im just ramblin...
                  Cheers
                  Leisa

Nikon D80 | Sigma 50-500mm EX DG HSM | Sigma APO 70-300 | Sigma 50mm macro | Nikon 50mm 1.8 | Nikkor 18-70mm | Lensbaby 2.0 | SB-800 Speedlight | Black Macbook C2D
                  Little pixels from my world . Flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X