Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop CS5 - Adding Logo to B&W Photo

Hi All,

I am running in to an issue that I can't seem to solve! I am trying to add my color logo to a black & white photo and no matter what I do, the logo changes to black & white once I place it in the photo. I have saved the photo as a psd, a png, and a jpeg and I've tried adding the logo as a png and a psd file. I have no problems adding the logo to color photos. It is just when I add it to a photo that I have turned black & white, the logo loses its color. I have done File - Place, and placed the logo in the photo, and I have just copied and pasted the logo to the photo and neither is working. Any ideas???

Thanks for your help!!!

It depends how you have made the photo black and white. It sounds like you are either A) using a image set to Grayscale mode or B) pasting the logo into a layer sitting underneath an adjustment layer. If it's A go to Image menu > Mode > RGB and try the logo again. If it's B move the logo layer up the stack!
    Seeker of the Peace, Part-time Chandelier Cleaner, a Legend in his own Time, Oppressor of Champions, Soldier of Fortune, World Traveller, Bon Vivant, Defender of Reason, All-round Good Guy, Casual Hero, Philosopher. Equations Solved, Revolutions Quelled, Banquets Organised, Governments Run, Test Rockets Flown, Bears Wrestled, Photos Taken.

Comment

Originally posted by LaylaMurphy View Post
      Hi All,

I am running in to an issue that I can't seem to solve! I am trying to add my color logo to a black & white photo and no matter what I do, the logo changes to black & white once I place it in the photo. I have saved the photo as a psd, a png, and a jpeg and I've tried adding the logo as a png and a psd file. I have no problems adding the logo to color photos. It is just when I add it to a photo that I have turned black & white, the logo loses its color. I have done File - Place, and placed the logo in the photo, and I have just copied and pasted the logo to the photo and neither is working. Any ideas???

Thanks for your help!!!
      what method did you use to convert the image to b&w? If you did a grayscale conversion ...well there ya go. Need to be in a color mode and have just your single layer in b&w . If you are in a color mode then make sure your color logo layer is on top.
      "They call me Bruce."
      www.brucebphotography.com

Comment

Beat you to it zona
        Seeker of the Peace, Part-time Chandelier Cleaner, a Legend in his own Time, Oppressor of Champions, Soldier of Fortune, World Traveller, Bon Vivant, Defender of Reason, All-round Good Guy, Casual Hero, Philosopher. Equations Solved, Revolutions Quelled, Banquets Organised, Governments Run, Test Rockets Flown, Bears Wrestled, Photos Taken.

Comment

Yes!!! You guys are awesome! I have been trying to figure that out for days! Still new to PS and learning all the tricks! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Comment

No problem. Expect your invoice in 3-5 days

Comment

Originally posted by RecurrentNerve View Post
              Beat you to it zona
              I'm a s l o w typer!
              "They call me Bruce."
              www.brucebphotography.com

Comment

Working...
              X