Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awesome work Nicole... just continue what you were doing right now and I'm pretty sure you will done much better than this sooner...!!!!
    model posing guide

Comment

• Originally posted by maykesplana View Post
      don't forget to pray! it helps.
      Yes it really does help!!

Comment

• Thanks so much for this sticky, a great resource with plenty of helpful tips.
        Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase. Percy W. Harris

Blog- Two Go Tiki Touring
        Flickr

Comment

• lol, you know you're going mad when you read every post on every page and when you get to the end you find the very last post is you're own from two months ago and you have no memory of reading it! hopefully some of it went in this time!
          Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase. Percy W. Harris

Blog- Two Go Tiki Touring
          Flickr

Comment

• WOW!, excellent article..

Comment

• Hello guy's. I very want to have the life captured photography of my feature wedding.

Comment

• Originally posted by kencaleno View Post
                Hi, Anna, When i originally wrote this, I was using film,but with your camera just use cloudy white balance,or shade white balance if your camera has it- I'll let you into a secret here-I keep my camera on cloudy white balance all the time for any daylight photography-only changing for fluorescent or tungsten lighting indoors-you just get warmer images. Good luck, Ken
                WOW...This really helpful...
                There are a few credible wedding photographers in my country..
                http://www.grantcorban.com/
                http://weddingstory.com.my/
                Last edited by ccting; 02-17-2012, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Great information! LOVE the page on 11 tips for better candid shots... a few things I hadn't thought of and plan to try at my next wedding! One of the best shots I got at my first wedding where I was a second shooter, was a total oops. I hit the shutter on accident!
                  Canon Rebel t1i, Tamron 17-50mm f2.8, Canon 50mm f1.8, Tamron 70-200mm f2.8, Nissin df622 Mark II External Flash
                  My Photography

My Business
                  My Equipment List

Comment

• Thanks for the info.
                    Mario
                    Avangard Photography | Toronto Wedding Photographer

Comment

• Dubai Wedding Photographer

Dubai based professional photographer. Alex Jeffries photography group are a Photography
                      and Graphic design solution provider. Make your images special with the best Dubai
                      Photographer
                      Last edited by photographeruae; 05-18-2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Wedding destinations in the world.

Wedding is a special occasion one look forwards to. There are a number of spectacular places in the world that offer some of the best localities and appeals for you to have a wedding event or honeymoon there. Such is the beauty of taking flights to Mauritius or visiting the dazzling and charming Seychelles.

Comment

• My first wedding was nerve wracking. Make sure you let the couple know it's your first and set reasonable expectations. Be really familiar with the wedding day timeline because it goes by really fast. Tell them approximately how many photos they'll get so they won't ask for all the "raw photos". Your first few weddings are mostly likely won't be profitable, but the experience will grow your business. Just have fun and go with it
                          Boston wedding photographer
                          Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest

Comment

• Balancing "getting the shot" with being unobtrusive

I just shot my first wedding a few days ago, and as I'm looking through my shots, especially of the first dance, and the cake cutting, I am groaning with dissatisfaction. Over and over again, in the dance photos I find the DJ, or other undesrieable backgrounds spoiling my shots. Over and over, I see the place in the shotwhere I could have stood and had a BETTER shot. And why wasn't I standing there? Because I didn't want to stand in the center of attention and block the guests view of the bride and groom. How do you balance that? Sure I could have had a great shot of them feeding each other cake, but I would have had to stand right in between them and the audience. Sure I could have gotten better shots of them dancing, without the DJ in them, but then I would have been right behind them when it was supposed to be just the two of them alone who are the focus of the attention. And the flash firing over and over in the audiences face seems like it might have been an unwelcome distraction. Those of you who shoot weddings regularly... how do you balance that? How do you decide whether the shot or remaining an unnoticeable "fly on the wall" is more important? I don't want any repeats of this next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by luvu4thecross View Post
                              Because I didn't want to stand in the center of attention and block the guests view of the bride and groom. How do you balance that? Sure I could have had a great shot of them feeding each other cake, but I would have had to stand right in between them and the audience. Sure I could have gotten better shots of them dancing, without the DJ in them, but then I would have been right behind them when it was supposed to be just the two of them alone who are the focus of the attention. And the flash firing over and over in the audiences face seems like it might have been an unwelcome distraction. Those of you who shoot weddings regularly... how do you balance that? How do you decide whether the shot or remaining an unnoticeable "fly on the wall" is more important? I don't want any repeats of this next time.
                              They hired you to get the shots they wanted. They expect you to be relatively conspicuous and present in order to do this.

Wedding photography requires a great many skills, and being comfortable standing out in public and dealing with guests is not the least of them.

That doesn't mean you have to constantly be under everyone's feet, but no one can reasonably object if you quickly get the shots you need and get out of the way.

Just get your ass where it needs to be, and make sure you have the equipment to handle the shot when you can't get there.
                              Website ... Blog ... Facebook

Comment

• Many experienced wedding photographers will tell you that communication skills are nearly as important as photography skills if you expect to succeed as a wedding photographer. Make sure you schedule plenty of time to talk with the couple (and even family members), so there is no misunderstanding about what pictures they want and the process you use to provide them. Check the following articles for wedding tips :

http://digital-photography-school.co...-photographers

How To Photography: Wedding Photography

Hope you will learn some new tips for wedding photography.

Comment

Working...
                                X