Astrophotography

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astrophotography

I have got my canon T-Ring adapter and am awaiting arrival of a telescope that is at my In-Laws cabin up in the WV mountains to start to tinker with astrophotography. I am not sure of the Telescopes specs until it arrives but was wondering if anyone did this and can give me some pointers.
    2-Canon 5D's & 1- Canon XTi 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, 18-55mm f/3.5 Kit Lenses, Canon EF 75-300mm F4-5.6 III
    To see more of my photos check out my flickr page: flickr
    WV KY OH DPS Photography Group JOIN NOW!!!

I don't do this with telescope, etc - just my lenses for things like star trails. I have read some of the information at the sites below:

http://www.astropix.com/

http://www.startrails.de/

Good luck and don't forget to post some of the pics
    Pentax K100D, Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 Macro Super II, SMC Pentax-DA F3.5-5.6 18-55mm AL, SMC Pentax-M 1:2 50mm, Vivitar 1:2.8 MC Wide Angle 28mm, Pentax 540FGZ, Vivitar 285HV, Cactus wireless trigger and receivers
    Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by mseigafuse View Post

Good luck and don't forget to post some of the pics
      As soon as I get some they'll be up on here.
      2-Canon 5D's & 1- Canon XTi 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, 18-55mm f/3.5 Kit Lenses, Canon EF 75-300mm F4-5.6 III

Comment

Originally posted by WVCoalMiner View Post
        As soon as I get some they'll be up on here.
        I'd sure like to try some myself. Since there doesn't seem to be a lot of people doing it, hope you'll journal your success/failures as you get started and share the info with the rest of us.

Done some moon pics with a regular lens but never used a real tele. Tried a few solar shots with dismal results too..

Moon pics out HERE.

Love to step past the moon shots some day.
        My Pbase Galleries

My Deviant Gallery

Comment

I read a interesting article on astrophotography in Outdoor Photographer the other month, which might help. I tried some shots outside of Morgantown, but there was still too much light pollution. Let us know how it worked out for you. Also, where did you pick up the T-ring?
          Nikon D800 | Nikon D80 | iPhone 5s
          Nikkor 16-35VR f/4 | Sigma 50 f/1.4 | Nikkor 105VR f/2.8 | Nikkor 70-300VR

My flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Drill View Post
            . Also, where did you pick up the T-ring?
            I got it off of Ebay for like $20 or so.

Comment

Working...
            X