I have a problem in my Canon PowerShot A460

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a problem in my Canon PowerShot A460

The main problem is when I take a photos outdoor or somewhere at normal light, the photo becomes a like a white paper, Noting visible or clear there, But at night the quality is OK. The video is excellent.

Here is the links to each problem:
    Photo taken at day: Day on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Photo taken at night: Night on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

When I see a photo in Camera, it shows some lines but when I export to PC, no lines are there.
    I restored my camera to default setting but nothing changed.
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

Do you have the EXIF information for your pictures?

It usually contains the shutter speed, aperture, EV values and so on. Only that it helps to narrow down what the problem could be.
    You cant fool all of the people all of the time, some of the time all of the people will some of time but not all of the time as some of the time all of the people will some of the time but all of the people will not all of the time !!

Comment

The EXIF data on those two images don't appear to be totally out of wack. I think there may be a problem with your camera. What modes are you using when you take pictures? I'm not very familar with this camera but does it have an exposure metering scale?

It looks something like this

-2--- -1 --- 0 --- 1 -- 2
      My Gear
      Photostream
      Murtasma.com
      Michigan Photographers - DPS Social Group
      Mur-Tas-Ma

Comment

It looks to me that you might have a light leak someplace in your camera -- light seems to be entering someplace other than the lens. In daylight, it lets a lot of light in, completely washing out the pic. In nighttime, there is less ambient light, so it takes an OK pic -- but the pic still looks to me like it has been washed out by stray light hitting the lens.

Comment

ttosifa might be right. Has the camera ever been dropped?

Here is the exif data from flickr:

first one:
          1/60 f2.8 ISO200

second one:
          1/60 f2.8 ISO200

Since the camera tried to use the exact same settings for both pictures there is definitely something wrong somewhere. Which setting do you have the mode dial turned to? Make sure it is on auto (the camera icon) and not manual (the camera icon with a big M next to it).
          Brad Dudenhoffer
          "All you need is Peace, Love, and a solid monopod,"
          My flickr | my blog

Comment

Originally posted by ttosifa View Post
            It looks to me that you might have a light leak someplace in your camera -- light seems to be entering someplace other than the lens. In daylight, it lets a lot of light in, completely washing out the pic. In nighttime, there is less ambient light, so it takes an OK pic -- but the pic still looks to me like it has been washed out by stray light hitting the lens.
            Yep didn't even think about a light leak with a digital but this certainly could be the case. Have you dropped this camera before? How does it look physically?
            My Gear
            Photostream
            Murtasma.com
            Michigan Photographers - DPS Social Group
            Mur-Tas-Ma

Comment

[QUOTE=teaking;800344]Do you have the EXIF information for your pictures? QUOTE]

I do not know about EXIF information
              If you guide me, I will provide

Comment

Originally posted by Murtasma View Post
                It looks something like this

-2--- -1 --- 0 --- 1 -- 2

Yes, form -2--- -1 --- 0 --- 1 2
                It is exact on the center, I mean on ZERO

Comment

Originally posted by archersdad View Post
                  Which setting do you have the mode dial turned to? Make sure it is on auto (the camera icon) and not manual (the camera icon with a big M next to it).
                  It is on Auto, the big M.

Comment

Originally posted by Murtasma View Post
                    Yep didn't even think about a light leak with a digital but this certainly could be the case. Have you dropped this camera before? How does it look physically?
                    NO, I have not drop the camera, but one of my friends took it to a tour, when he replied me it was OK, I photographed some but suddenly it started white photos.

Comment

Originally posted by fazlionline View Post
                      It is on Auto, the big M.
                      The "M" is manual mode.
                      Brad Dudenhoffer
                      "All you need is Peace, Love, and a solid monopod,"
                      My flickr | my blog

Comment

Hi,

I now have the same problem with Canon A460.
                        After about two years of use, the camera takes white pictures in outdoor or normal light, while indoor pictures and movies seem OK.

Have you found out what was the cause?

Thank you,
                        Teodor

Comment

Originally posted by teodord View Post
                          Hi,

I now have the same problem with Canon A460.
                          After about two years of use, the camera takes white pictures in outdoor or normal light, while indoor pictures and movies seem OK.

Have you found out what was the cause?

Thank you,
                          Teodor
                          Teodor,

What mode is your camera set to?
                          Cameras: Canon 60D, Canon 20D, 35mm Nikon FM2n
                          Canon EF lens used : 50mm f1.8, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.5, 75-300mm f/4.5-5, 85mm f/1.8
                          Tamron Lens: 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF)
                          Strobist: Canon 580EX II , "Vivitar DF400MZ, Nikon SB-24, LP-160, YN568EX"
                          http://flickr.com/photos/bhursey | http://brianhurseyphotography.com

Comment

canon a460 white pictures

We have the same problem...white pictures when taken outdoors, stripes on the lcd background for photos indoors. Seems to be a common problem so someone out there must know the solution please.

Comment

lens sensor

I spoke to canon...the lens sensor is faulty and needs to e changed...but its too expensive ...throw away the camera or use it for video and indoors only..replacement model is the A490 that retials at the same price to repair the A460...its a sad disposable world...they say "its a low end camera and not designed to last "

Comment

Working...
                              X