Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on Strobist set up for baby shoot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Strobist set up for baby shoot?

There is no lighting section in critique, so I thought this would probably be the best place for this as it is lighting specific (although comments on composition or anything else are welcome). If it is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.

Strobist info:
    Strobe bounced off ceiling left at 1/2 power.
    Strobe bounced into an umbrella front right at 1/4 power.
    Reflector underneath umbrella propped against umbrella stand.

The set up is the same for both shots, but Sofia moved around a fair bit and I was concentrating on snapping her candid moments rather than the precise amount of light hitting her. These are both SOOC. I would welcome opinions and suggestions please.

Sofia - SOOC

Sofia - SOOC
    flickr

Very nice ;D. How about for babies that keep running around?

Comment

Thanks.

Bounce your flash off the ceiling?
      flickr

Comment

Overall I think the lighting is quite good considering she was moving around.... I don't know that the reflector really did anything.
        What's the small central catchlight from? It almost looks like an on camera "pre-flash".

For SOOC these are very nice...WB is wandering between the shots, etc. but easily fixable.
        Steve
        the Photographic Academy.com
        SharpShooter Industries
        My 500px, My Flickr, My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by sk66 View Post
          Overall I think the lighting is quite good considering she was moving around.... I don't know that the reflector really did anything.
          What's the small central catchlight from? It almost looks like an on camera "pre-flash".

For SOOC these are very nice...WB is wandering between the shots, etc. but easily fixable.
          I presume the central catchlights are from my flashgun firing towards the ceiling.

Thanks. Yes, the white balance is a pest. I need one of those cards.
          flickr

Comment

Ah, sometime you should try backwards bounce.... you have to have a wall pretty close behind you, and it requires more flash output, but it works even better.
            Steve
            the Photographic Academy.com
            SharpShooter Industries
            My 500px, My Flickr, My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by sk66 View Post
              Ah, sometime you should try backwards bounce.... you have to have a wall pretty close behind you, and it requires more flash output, but it works even better.
              I have done this before, during experiments... but haven't consciously tried it again. I will have a go this weekend. Thanks
              flickr

Comment

Working...
              X