Will this lens work with my camera?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this lens work with my camera?

If this isn't permitted, I apologize in advance and you can delete the post... I was just wondering if this lens will work with my nikon d3100. If I'm understanding right it won't autofocus, and that's not really a big deal, I'd rather manually focus it anyway. Someone said that on their d5000, it would stay stuck at f/22 and someone told them that was because it wasn't compatible with their camera. Thanks for any information!

Nikon Nikkor 50 mm F/1.8D AF Lens (0182080213768) | eBay

If you don't want to follow the link, it's a 50mm F/1.8 D AF lens

Since you're not worried about autofocus, it will work fine. If you ever get a body with an in-body autofocus motor (D90, D7000, D3, whatever), it will then autofocus as well.

Good lens. Make sure the price makes sense, since it's pretty inexpensive new with a full warranty.
    Flickr

Comment

okay, that's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman View Post
        Someone said that on their d5000, it would stay stuck at f/22 and someone told them that was because it wasn't compatible with their camera.
        The AF-D lenses have aperture rings on the lenses themselves, and they have to be set to f/22 when mounted on digital bodies (ALL digital bodies) and the newer film bodies because aperture is controlled by the camera; you still get full aperture control, but you do it from the camera instead of from the lens (as you would have in the past).

All digital bodies have to have this lens, and all other AF-D lenses, set to their minimum aperture on the lens to work properly. Only thing you'd miss out on because of your body choice is autofocus
        I am responsible for what I say; not what you understand.
        adammontpetit.com
        Gear List
        500PX | Graphic Design

Comment

Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me

Originally posted by OsmosisStudios View Post
          The AF-D lenses have aperture rings on the lenses themselves, and they have to be set to f/22 when mounted on digital bodies (ALL digital bodies) and the newer film bodies because aperture is controlled by the camera; you still get full aperture control, but you do it from the camera instead of from the lens (as you would have in the past).

All digital bodies have to have this lens, and all other AF-D lenses, set to their minimum aperture on the lens to work properly. Only thing you'd miss out on because of your body choice is autofocus

Comment

Working...
          X